New Kitchen Toys!

No. I'm stopping right after those 2 things. Well, I can't store meats in the freezer without vacuum sealing them. :wink:
Oh. I store meat in the freezer in freezer bags (not vacuum sealed and don't seem to have probs. Either that or it goes in the freezer in the supermarket packet. Same with fish.

Won't the meats & fish get freezer burn?

That is why I bought the vacuum food sealer. To keep damaging air out of the vacuum seal bags & away from the food.
Without it, food can still spoil in the freezer if kept there for long periods. :headshake::stop:

Frost-free freezers are the ones considered to be the most damaging, because the chilled frigid air is CONSTANTLY BLOWN around the food by a small fan.

Therefore, food must be tightly sealed to prevent freezer burn, browning and drying out. :wink:

Last edited:
Frost-free freezers are the ones considered to be the most damaging, because the chilled frigid air is CONSTANTLY BLOWN around the food.
Therefore, food must be tightly sealed to prevent freezer burn, browning and drying out. :wink:
I'm sure you are right but I have to say I've never had any problems... so far!

Great tool Shermie. I originally bought a vacuum sealer for sous vide cooking, but its main use now is for freezer bagging. it's great for freezing left over sauces/gravies - vac pak them, freeze then just pull them out and drop in a pan of boiling water when needed. Instant sauce for midweek steak/fish when you dont want to be bothered making one from scratch.

Great tool Shermie. I originally bought a vacuum sealer for sous vide cooking, but its main use now is for freezer bagging. it's great for freezing left over sauces/gravies - vac pak them, freeze then just pull them out and drop in a pan of boiling water when needed. Instant sauce for midweek steak/fish when you dont want to be bothered making one from scratch.

Having a food vacuum sealer helps you cut down drastically on food waste and food spoilage. It is almost like your best friend in the kitchen!

I often make spaghetti sauce, & when I do, I usually DOUBLE the batch so that I don't have to make more again.

I accomplish this by putting half the batch into a vacuum seal bag, folding it over and freezing it. When the sauce is completely frozen, I vacuum seal it to keep out the damaging air. Bang, boom, done! :wink:

Cusinart Food Processor..jpg

Forgot about THIS! But I'll get it sometime later. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom