Oeuf Mayo (egg mayo) vs Deviled Eggs?

I've made Deviled Eggs with Kewpie, just a little, so that the filling was so stiff, I could barely pipe it into the halved Egg Whites, OISHII !!!
That reminds me, I'm down to my last, oh, maybe quarter of a squeeze bottle....
What's the longest you've kept an opened bottle of kewpie mayonnaise? I have a bottle in the coldest part of my frig I forgot about. I read that it should be used within 1 month after opening. That seems ridiculously short to me. I think my bottle is maybe 4 months old?

What's the longest you've kept an opened bottle of kewpie mayonnaise? I have a bottle in the coldest part of my frig I forgot about. I read that it should be used within 1 month after opening. That seems ridiculously short to me. I think my bottle is maybe 4 months old?
Gosh, I don't know... til it's gone is my best answer.
I had another bottle in the pantry that was going to expire in months and I'm the only one in our house that uses it, so Mrs. Next Door Neighbor had expressed how she had to try, I gave it to her. She said she finished in less than a month :dance:and loved it!

Last edited:
I make my mums recipe for mayo. Condensed milk malt vinegar sugar mustard and pepper.
I make curried eggs/ deviled? Yolks taken out and mashed with mayo and curry powder . I sprinkle dusting of paprika over top.

Russ

Josh, I don't know... til it's gone is my best answer.
I had another bottle in the pantry that was going to expire in months and I'm the only one in our house that uses it, so Mrs. Next Door Neighbor had expressed how she had to try, I gave it to her. She said she finished in less than a month :dance:and loved it!
Well thanks, I'm just hoping 4 months old in the refrigerator isnt going to make me sick.

Hey, just so you know, my name isn't Josh lol. JAS are my initials and the OH is for Ohio where I live...and I'm female. But since we've PMed in the past and I told you my real name I thought you already knew that...lol! Look where being gone for 5 months got me :laugh:

Well thanks, I'm just hoping 4 months old in the refrigerator isnt going to make me sick.

Hey, just so you know, my name isn't Josh lol. JAS are my initials and the OH is for Ohio where I live...and I'm female. But since we've PMed in the past and I told you my real name I thought you already knew that...lol! Look where being gone for 5 months got me :laugh:
Was it that long??

Russ

Was it that long??

Russ
Yeah I think I left in September or early October before I went on vacation.

I just checked, I stopped posting mid September.

Last edited:
No, I think it's an old depression recipe. My nana also made it that way.
Its pretty yummy.

Russ
I like the idea of no eggs in it, I think the idea of raw eggs in mayonnaise is wierd. I love it so I don't think about it, but I also eat store bought mayonnaise for that reason. If I made it I probably wouldn't want to eat it! With raw eggs in it I mean.

Last edited:
I like the idea of no eggs in it, I think the idea of raw eggs in mayonnaise is werd. I love it so I don't think about it, but I also eat store bought mayonnaise for that reason. If I made it I probably wouldn't want to eat it! With raw eggs in it I mean.
I like bests mayo on my lazy days. :)

Russ

LOL! Typo Sis! (corrected above, ie edit)
I know that my Kewpie has been in the `fridge WELL past it's time... to me, just my observation ... Once it starts to separate at the top, pitch it out! Like everything else, do the smell test... I never gotten sick from it, so that's my 2¢ ...

LOL! Typo Sis! (corrected above, ie edit)
I know that my Kewpie has been in the `fridge WELL past it's time... to me, just my observation ... Once it starts to separate at the top, pitch it out! Like everything else, do the smell test... I never gotten sick from it, so that's my 2¢ ...
Yay! I'll give it the smell test and then taste test. I appreciate the heads up, I hate wasting food!

Edit: smells and tastes fine. I noticed a slight darker yellowish tinge on a tiny spot inside the bottle but guessing it's no big deal. I need to get ahold of something like cooked crab or raw tuna, then mix kewpie and sriracha and make sushi handrolls with it. I have fresh cucumber and avocado, ooh, maybe some smoked salmon! I've got that, sushi rice, and nori. Yes!

Last edited:
I like bests mayo on my lazy days. :)

Russ
best_foods_real_mayo_website_family_pack_shot-1195556-png.png.ulenscale.460x460.png

This one? It's popular in the USA. Hellman's makes it.

Back
Top Bottom