Oeuf Mayo (egg mayo) vs Deviled Eggs?

View attachment 95658
16750394448285266033664843180999.jpg

This one? It's popular in the USA. Hellman's makes it.
Cant find any. On the list now.

I love deviled eggs. Especially with crispy bacon bits on top. I find unless you eat them within 2 minutes, the Bacon gets chewy. My daughters will only eat turkey bacon. I have found the shaker bits to add at the last moment. I only make these maybe once or twice a year.

I love deviled eggs. Especially with crispy bacon bits on top. I find unless you eat them within 2 minutes, the Bacon gets chewy. My daughters will only eat turkey bacon. I have found the shaker bits to add at the last moment. I only make these maybe once or twice a year.
I too love deviled eggs. I've never tried bacon bits on them, but everything is better with bacon!

This one? It's popular in the USA. Hellman's makes it.

We normally use Best Foods mayonnaise but Kraft has recently come onto the market here so we're trying that.

Regarding "Deviled Eggs", I don't know if these could be allowed that description but I call these "Egg and prawn Tapas".

Basically they are boiled eggs (duck in this case) with the yolk mashed with mayonnaise, tomato puree (paste), Tabasco and seasoning then returned to the eggs and topped with a cooked prawn and a pinch of paprika powder.

We normally use Best Foods mayonnaise but Kraft has recently come onto the market here so we're trying that.

Regarding "Deviled Eggs", I don't know if these could be allowed that description but I call these "Egg and prawn Tapas".

Basically they are boiled eggs (duck in this case) with the yolk mashed with mayonnaise, tomato puree (paste), Tabasco and seasoning then returned to the eggs and topped with a cooked prawn and a pinch of paprika powder.
I'd say they qualify as deviled eggs! Sounds delish.

As far as mayonnaise brands such as Kraft and Best Foods go, not much difference between them if mixing with other stuff. Maybe if slathering it on bread in a sandwich there might be a subtle difference. I like Duke's (it's a southern thing) but whatever is on sale usually wins.

Kewpie mayo does have a richer flavor because of all the yolks.

Last edited:
Cant find any. On the list now.

Best and Hellman's are exactly the same. They go by one name in the Eastern US, and the other in the Western US. That's the only difference. My favorite is Duke's mayo. It has a tangy note to it. I have no idea if it is available there.

CD

I really can't taste any difference between Kraft mayo and Best/Hellman's. If those were my only choices, I'd pick the cheaper one. Nothing wrong with either one.

CD

Back
Top Bottom