Old, retro, or simply weird kitchen gadgets

maxresdefault.jpg

Here's what the old vintage KA ice cream maker accessory looked like back in the day.

IMG_0527.JPG

Another strange gadget for decapitating a boiled egg.

I think you're right, morning glory. Sounds like a waste of time & money! You can do that with a plain knife! :headshake:

51r2988SPwL._SX425_.jpg

Sounds like one of THESE. Doesn't work either, especially if the blade is dull!!! it just mashes it to death! I tried to use one where I worked.:headshake:

I think you're right, morning glory. Sounds like a waste of time & money! You can do that with a plain knife! :headshake:

Well I don't think I can do that - not the way I'm talking about which is perfectly cleanly cut. I will have to find a photo to show what I mean.

Presto Potato Peeler..png

This item never had anyone welcoming it with open arms either! It was a complete failure. Should've been left on the store shelves! It shook so violently that you could not leave it alone while it was on. And it didn't do a good job at that. Ate up most of the taters & it didn't get the eyes out!!

What a waste of time & money it was!! :headshake:

Last edited:
How bout these old pyrex flameware pots...i do use the double boiler...not pictured since it is full of melted wax.

D508F5AD-F70A-412A-8E50-B9A3D48CF5A1.jpeg

Or these cute little percolators

97CDE6B2-6570-4336-A313-E153F8A1F6F6.jpeg

010.jpg

Here's some old Corningware / glass Pyrex pots & pans!

You can't get the stuff any more, unless you look in a thrift store where used stuff is sold, & even then, it is STILL hard to find!! :headshake:

Last edited:
31%2BAQVRIF3L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Now Pyrex makes their oblong & square pans like THIS, with large handles! I got it at Big Y.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom