Old, retro, or simply weird kitchen gadgets

Dven if these items aren't used for what they were meant for, they make great knik-knaks & conversation pieces!! :wink:

They're little pieces of art for your kitchen. My grandmother bought the first toaster, the silver one, for about $0.50 used back in the day. You open the doors on either side by the wooden knobs, and have to turn the toast manually. Very cool!

@epicuric , the round 1 is a salt cellar, yes? Is the other a pepper grinder?

I've never seen the free standing "kitchen" one, which is odd since I follow dollhouse minis for adults where there are pieces of furniture selling for $1000s of dollars, no, that is not a typo, in 1 inch to 1 foot scale.

@epicuric , the round 1 is a salt cellar, yes? Is the other a pepper grinder?

I've never seen the free standing "kitchen" one, which is odd since I follow dollhouse minis for adults where there are pieces of furniture selling for $1000s of dollars, no, that is not a typo, in 1 inch to 1 foot scale.
Not even close! The one on the left is a device for spiking a hole in the end of a cigar - press the top and a spring loaded spike comes out of the bottom. Tap the one on the right, and it opens up the hole in the middle, revealing a guillotine to cut the end off your cheroot.

IMG_1091.JPG

I couldn't resist this retro set of scales in a charity shop today. The dial rotates to switch between lb's and kg's, and to aid incremental weighing. I was tempted by this really old Kenwood, but couldn't justify replacing a slightly newer model that works perfectly well. A steal at £20!
IMG_1090.JPG

View attachment 22584
I couldn't resist this retro set of scales in a charity shop today. The dial rotates to switch between lb's and kg's, and to aid incremental weighing. I was tempted by this really old Kenwood, but couldn't justify replacing a slightly newer model that works perfectly well. A steal at £20!
View attachment 22583

Never knew that Pyrex once made scales!!

Likely late 70s early 80s from the look of the logo....as if the color wasn't a give away.
I was thinking early seventies, but I may be wrong. The font reminds me of those K-Tel records that were always advertised on TV at Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom