Pasta al pesto e mozzarella di buffala campagna

Windigo

Kitchen witch
Local time
12:50 AM
Website
www.instagram.com

Pasta with tomato sauce, buffallo mozzarella and pesto for two.

Tomato sauce:
1 clove of garlic, grated
1 medium onion, in thin strips
1 medium carrot, diced very small
1 tin of diced tomatoes
1 small tin of tomato puree (about 50 grams)
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp honey (not necessary if you got hold of a sweet type of tomato)
1 tsp cayenne pepper
Black pepper and salt to taste.
Olive oil

Sautee the onions and carrots in some olive oil until the onions are glossy, golden and soft. Then add the spices and garlic and stir around for a minute. The add the tomatoes and honey and let simmer on low for about an hour or longer, each hour makes the sauce better. Add some water if it threatens to become too thick.

Pesto:
100 g basil leaves
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
2 tbsp pine nuts
1 grated garlic clove
Olive oil (extra virgin quality oil is best)

Put all ingredients into the food processor, and mix until you have a glossy sauce. Add the olive oil by sight. Put in a sterilised jar, it will be more than you need. It keeps for about a week.

What else do you need:
250 gram orriechiete pasta
250 g buffallo mozzarella

Cook the orriechiete for about 12 minutes, drain and then mix through the tomato sauce in the pan. Dice the mozzarella in small dice, and mix them through too.

Serve on a plate with a swirl of pesto on top and some scattered basil leaves. Enjoy!

View attachment 43481

Pasta with tomato sauce, buffallo mozzarella and pesto for two.

Tomato sauce:
1 clove of garlic, grated
1 medium onion, in thin strips
1 medium carrot, diced very small
1 tin of diced tomatoes
1 small tin of tomato puree (about 50 grams)
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp honey (not necessary if you got hold of a sweet type of tomato)
1 tsp cayenne pepper
Black pepper and salt to taste.
Olive oil

Sautee the onions and carrots in some olive oil until the onions are glossy, golden and soft. Then add the spices and garlic and stir around for a minute. The add the tomatoes and honey and let simmer on low for about an hour or longer, each hour makes the sauce better. Add some water if it threatens to become too thick.

Pesto:
100 g basil leaves
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
2 tbsp pine nuts
1 grated garlic clove
Olive oil (extra virgin quality oil is best)

Put all ingredients into the food processor, and mix until you have a glossy sauce. Add the olive oil by sight. Put in a sterilised jar, it will be more than you need. It keeps for about a week.

What else do you need:
250 gram orriechiete pasta
250 g buffallo mozzarella

Cook the orriechiete for about 12 minutes, drain and then mix through the tomato sauce in the pan. Dice the mozzarella in small dice, and mix them through too.

Serve on a plate with a swirl of pesto on top and some scattered basil leaves. Enjoy!

I'm very impressed by this, basil pesto combined with tomato sauce in a pasta dish, molto bene!

I'm not a fan of adding sugar/honey into the tomato sauce, but that's me.

I also like how you made basil pesto and the option of orecchiette pasta, a big BRAVA from Italy!

I'm very impressed by this, basil pesto combined with tomato sauce in a pasta dish, molto bene!

I'm not a fan of adding sugar/honey into the tomato sauce, but that's me.

I also like how you made basil pesto and the option of orecchiette pasta, a big BRAVA from Italy!

Trust me, the tomatoes here are pretty acidic and without honey my honey ( husband) refuses to eat it :shy: that's why I said it was optional. I like both with and without.

Thank you for the compliment, you made me smile. I hoped to capture the Italian spirit, so glad I did 😍

Trust me, the tomatoes here are pretty acidic and without honey my honey ( husband) refuses to eat it :shy: that's why I said it was optional. I like both with and without.

Thank you for the compliment, you made me smile. I hoped to capture the Italian spirit, so glad I did 😍

Yep, I understand the problem of acidity in tomatoes (this happens also here, trust me :wink:).

You captured the Italian spirit and the stomach as well!

Yep, I understand the problem of acidity in tomatoes (this happens also here, trust me :wink:).

You captured the Italian spirit and the stomach as well!

Grazie mille, you made my day :love: I love Italian culture so I am glad I was able to be inventive and respect the tradition

Back
Top Bottom