Recipe Pasta alla Bruno

Windigo

Kitchen witch
Local time
11:19 AM
Website
www.instagram.com

One for the recipe challenge. My version of Nigella Lawsons pasta alla Bruno. Her version is very basic, containing only cherry tomatoes, garlic, bacon and optional mozzarella.

Mine contains those ingredients, but I swapped mozzarella for burrata and I added an onion, chilli flakes, and fresh basil. Here's how you make it:

Ingredients for two:
25 sweet cherry tomatoes
8 slices of breakfast bacon
1 small onion
2 cloves fresh garlic
8 basil leaves, torn
1 burrata
150 g penne or other pasta
1 tsp chilli flakes ( or to taste)
Good quality olive oil
Sea salt & ground black pepper

1) Put a pot of water on for the pasta. Fry off the bacon in a sautee pan, then transfer to a plate to keep it crisp.
2) Add some olive oil and the onion to the sautee pan. Stir the onion on low heat until it is golden, then add the tomatoes. Simmer until the tomatoes are soft, then add the garlic, chilli, salt and pepper to taste. Stir for another minute then take off the heat.
3) Chop the cooled bacon into strips, and add the torn basil. Leave on the plate for now.
4) Boil the pasta, then before draining take a spoonful of the water and add to the tomatoes. Stir water through the tomatoes. Then pour the drained pasta into the sauce, making sure it is well mixed.
5) Mix bacon and basil through the pasta. Divide pasta over two plates. Cut the burrata in half, pour some good olive oil on each plate and serve.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom