Perfect mushrooms on toast

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
7:27 PM
We used to pick shrooms as kids from paddocks near us. I've always loved them on toast. I cook them in butter to coat then the secret found by accident, turn heat off and come back in 10 mins. This lets them shrink and settle. Then I get toast ready and reheat. Put a splash cream in and cook for a minute or two. These were the best. I should do this more.

Russ

I too will try it - how long do you cook before turning off the heat?

I'd add some alcohol (I always do unless they are in a curry) - sherry or brandy is divine but needs cooking down.

Cook to coat about 4 mins, then rest, then reheat add cream. I never thought of adding alcohol. I will try that.

Russ

We do a very similar breakfast recipe, but add a teaspoon of Dijon mustard. Another version adds some roasted baby tomatoes and fresh thyme. A good start to the day!

We used to pick shrooms as kids from paddocks near us. I've always loved them on toast. I cook them in butter to coat then the secret found by accident, turn heat off and come back in 10 mins. This lets them shrink and settle. Then I get toast ready and reheat. Put a splash cream in and cook for a minute or two. These were the best. I should do this more.

Russ

View attachment 35163

Now there is a lunch idea :hungry:

Back
Top Bottom