Pet Peeves

I'm sorry. Have you ever tried planting lemongrass? I planted some on my deck and it helped. I also used an organic oil to rub on my kids because I didn't want to spray "Off" around them.
Yeah I know the trics but had been lazy with preparing and found out I had no more anti mosquito stuff.. I definitely am reminded to take measures now :whistling::wink:

Mosquitos. And being mildly allergic to them, so getting huge welts every time they sting me.. I had four at the same time tonight.
I'm sorry. Have you ever tried planting lemongrass? I planted some on my deck and it helped. I also used an organic oil to rub on my kids because I didn't want to spray "Off" around them.

Avon's Skin So Soft helps with mosquitos too. Don't know if Windigo can get Avon products or not, but it's worth a try if she can.

I'm allergic to mosquito bites too and get welts, huge ones as a kid. It's not as bad now that I've gotten older, guess I've built up an immunity like you do when you get allergy shots.

Be glad you don't have fire ants. Their bites burn like fire because they have venom. They will also chew on electric wiring, causing the other reason for their name. I've had to get steroid injections and Atarax and Benadryl injections because of their bites.

Avon's Skin So Soft helps with mosquitos too. Don't know if Windigo can get Avon products or not, but it's worth a try if she can.

I'm allergic to mosquito bites too and get welts, huge ones as a kid. It's not as bad now that I've gotten older, guess I've built up an immunity like you do when you get allergy shots.

Be glad you don't have fire ants. Their bites burn like fire because they have venom. They will also chew on electric wiring, causing the other reason for their name. I've had to get steroid injections and Atarax and Benadryl injections because of their bites.
Yes, I've used that on my kids and myself. I didn't mention it because, like you, I don't know if she would have access to it.

I'm allergic to them also. I'm allergic to the type of grass we have in IL and some of the trees so I take Benadryl all through the Spring and Summer.

My ex told me about fire ants. I've never seen them, thankfully. Like you, he said their bites are awful.

The strange thing is that my allergic reaction is a new thing since a year or so, since I was also diagnosed with allergic asthma. I think my meds might be making me more vulnerable, as they are immunosuppressants.
I get steroid salves currently.

Will check out Avon to see if we have something similar

Yes, I've used that on my kids and myself. I didn't mention it because, like you, I don't know if she would have access to it.

I'm allergic to them also. I'm allergic to the type of grass we have in IL and some of the trees so I take Benadryl all through the Spring and Summer.

My ex told me about fire ants. I've never seen them, thankfully. Like you, he said their bites are awful.
Very glad most scary insects don't live here tbh

Talking to me when I'm in one room and you're in the other. Pssst...I CAN'T 🤬 HEAR YOU!!!" 😡
I have a wonderful caregiver now but I endured a previous one for over a year. She was about 5'0" and SUPER LOUD. I have really bad PTSD so I can't tolerate loud noises. I think she had the "little dog syndrome" (has to appear tough and abrasive). It drove me nuts. And, get this. I was CONSTANTLY asking her to lower her voice. I just have a one bedroom apartment and I'm not deaf. Yet, when we're in the middle of a store she whispers. WTH?!?! That woman is so glad I have an even temper. She would incite Mother Theresa to slap her crazy butt.

By the way, are those ants something that happens as often as mosquito bites? That must suvk MAJOR

By the way, are those ants something that happens as often as mosquito bites? That must suvk MAJOR
My understanding is they stay in groups. Unlike mosquitos which bite individually. Every person that has ever told me about fire ants said it happened by them stepping on their ant hills. So, it's more bites in a concentrated area (the feet and lower part of the legs). Mosquito bites are mildly itchy for most people. Fire ant bites are torture for most people.

Cooking/culinary pet peeves:
  • Putting the word "Jamaican" or "Jerk" on some inauthentic recipe and trying to sell it as a Jamaican dish. My usual response, if I can respond in person is "Oh Really? I AM Jamaican, please tell me the origins of your dish and which Parish you grew up in?" :banghead:
  • Assuming that Rum is supposed to be sweet because it is distilled from cane juice or molasses... I am very eager to educate on this one and have done many a rum tasting at my house for guests.
  • Wasting food, I hate to see it. If you filled your plate and only ate half of it (or less!) and I see you throwing food away, I'm asking what was wrong with the food out of genuine concern.

Back
Top Bottom