Pet Peeves

One that drives me nuts is when someone includes a description of how amazing their food is in the title. For example:
  • Best Ever Hamburger Recipe
  • Best Ever Salad Recipe
  • Best Ever Chicken Casserole Recipe
Go ahead. Think of a recipe for just about anything, and there's someone out there who posted it as "Best Ever _________ Recipe."

There are also variations of this ("Mind-Blowing Brownie Recipe", "The Most Amazing Chocolate Cake Recipe").

Are they the best ever? I'll never know, since I get so annoyed by it that I immediately go to the next recipe. There are times where I will look at the recipe and I'll say, "Oh...okay. That works." That's a few levels short of Best Ever.

So, basically you don't like hyperbole. I'd don't either.

CD

One that drives me nuts is when someone includes a description of how amazing their food is in the title. For example:
  • Best Ever Hamburger Recipe
  • Best Ever Salad Recipe
  • Best Ever Chicken Casserole Recipe
Go ahead. Think of a recipe for just about anything, and there's someone out there who posted it as "Best Ever _________ Recipe."

There are also variations of this ("Mind-Blowing Brownie Recipe", "The Most Amazing Chocolate Cake Recipe").

Are they the best ever? I'll never know, since I get so annoyed by it that I immediately go to the next recipe. There are times where I will look at the recipe and I'll say, "Oh...okay. That works." That's a few levels short of Best Ever.
Just to increase your annoyance level:

"Click for the 10 best ever salad recipes, number 7 will shock you!!!!"

A kitcheny pet peeve - soaking every dirty dish in the sink instead of just putting it straight in the dishwasher.

Some things need soaking, but a bowl you just ate cereal in...just give it a quick rinse if you must and toss it in the dishwasher already. MrsT soaks everything.

A kitcheny pet peeve - soaking every dirty dish in the sink instead of just putting it straight in the dishwasher.

Some things need soaking, but a bowl you just ate cereal in...just give it a quick rinse if you must and toss it in the dishwasher already. MrsT soaks everything.

It's more than that: it's wasteful. According this article, you can waste up to 27 gallons of water per load if you were to rinse everything manually before putting it in the dishwasher. Some things need to be soaked (like that pot with caked-on mac-and-cheese residue), but most don't.

It's more than that: it's wasteful. According this article, you can waste up to 27 gallons of water per load if you were to rinse everything manually before putting it in the dishwasher. Some things need to be soaked (like that pot with caked-on mac-and-cheese residue), but most don't.
I've also ready somewhere that soap dishwasher is made to bind with dirt, so if you're pre-washing the dishes you're actually making it harder for your dishwasher to clean them!

How strange. Absolutely no need to soak, I agree. It wastes time and clutters up the sink. If you do that with cereal bowls you might just as well dry them and put them away. Why use the dishwasher?

My Bosch dishwasher gets a lot of caked on stuff off. Not always 100-percent, but more than I expected.

CD

Here's one..."high-end" supermarket bread that's first tightly wrapped/sealed in cellophane, then placed in the plastic bag.

Don't make me go through two obstacles to get to the bread, please!

I’m happy about people who care about each other. The world needs more of that. But, the world doesn’t need to hear you call them “babe”. My daughter does this with her boyfriend. She’ll say, “Hey babe...did you see this?” “Hey babe...try some of this pizza.” “Babe? Can you help me with this?” I have never heard her call him by his actual name.

After a while, I swear it sounds like she’s just saying, “Babe...babe babe babitty babe babe baby babe.” Now, just for fun, I’ll start calling my wife “babe” in front of my daughter. The object of this new game I just created is for both of us to not bust out laughing.
It's a show of intimacy between the couple. It's like when women say "my husband" (instead of his name) are so proud they are married and want to keep announcing it to the world.

On the other side, it's a form of verbal protection. For example, a guy I knew would text me every morning "Good morning, beautiful". We never dated or anything but he was interested in me. Come to find out that he was texting about 20 other women each morning as well. It's way easier to use a pet name than screw up mixing up various women's names. LOL

Mosquitos. And being mildly allergic to them, so getting huge welts every time they sting me.. I had four at the same time tonight.
I'm sorry. Have you ever tried planting lemongrass? I planted some on my deck and it helped. I also used an organic oil to rub on my kids because I didn't want to spray "Off" around them.

Back
Top Bottom