• 3 medium potatoes, cubed
  • 1 large carrot, sliced
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • milk
  • butter
  • salt and black pepper
  • dried parsley flakes
Method

Fry the pork cubes in olive oil until brown on all sides. Add the pork with the onion and chopped tomatoes and seasoning to the pork stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 40 minutes. Add the button mushrooms and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Add the pork/onion/tomatoes to a casserole dish, sprinkle with sesame seeds and keep to one side.

Boil the sliced carrot in salted water for 15 minutes. Add the cube potatoes and chopped onion, more water, and boil for a further 15 minutes. Drain and allow to cool slightly then add a little milk, a pat of butter, salt and pepper and mash until creamy smooth.

1.jpg

Carefully add the potato mash over the pork in the casserole dish until the pork is completely covered.

Fork over the potato and brush with a little melted butter. Sprinkle over the dried parsley flakes and place the casserole under a hot grill until golden brown.

Looks good.

Reminds me sort of cottage or sheppards pie.

Look delicious and saucy. I love saucy dishes myself so I could see myself really enjoying this. Thanks for the recipe!

That is what it is based upon.

I actually found some cooked pork chucks in the freezer and thought "what shall I do with this?"

It developed from there.

It looks lovely and comforting. I was surprised by those sesame seeds though...

Back
Top Bottom