Local time
9:16 PM
7CF6FD96-93C5-4F9F-BD7C-7712E656B9DC.jpeg

- 4 generous tablespoons honey
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 10 sprigs thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- white wine

1. Season both sides of the pork with honey, salt, pepper and the leaves of rosemary and thyme. The pork should be fully coated in honey, add more if needed.
2. Add about 1 1/2 cups white wine (add more during roasting if needed). You can roast potatoes with the shoulder if you want.
3. Roast on an oven at 220ºC until cooked (around 1 hour 15 minutes).

Happy cooking!

3. Roast on an oven at 220ºC until cooked (around 1 hour 15 minutes).
When I first read this I thought it was a typo, but then I realised pork shoulder is like any other tougher cut of meat, and needs cooking hard and fast or long and slow. A lovely combination of flavours, and the results looks beautiful! What is the finished texture like when cooked this way?

When I first read this I thought it was a typo, but then I realised pork shoulder is like any other tougher cut of meat, and needs cooking hard and fast or long and slow. A lovely combination of flavours, and the results looks beautiful! What is the finished texture like when cooked this way?

Thank you :happy: I'm still learning how to work with my oven which is gas, the heat comes only from below and and doesn't have a fan. I was advised to always increase the temperature so that the food can brown better. I also put a black oven tray on the rack over the food so that the heat bounces back.

It's difficult for me to describe textures in english but the meat felt tender and it was easy to pull away (but not buttery though).

Thank you :happy: I'm still learning how to work with my oven which is gas, the heat comes only from below and and doesn't have a fan. I was advised to always increase the temperature so that the food can brown better. I also put a black oven tray on the rack over the food so that the heat bounces back.

It's difficult for me to describe textures in english but the meat felt tender and it was easy to pull away (but not buttery though).
More like pulled pork, or more like firmer, sliced meat?

Back
Top Bottom