Recipe Pulled Pork Sandwiches

aCooksConfession

Local time
9:41 PM
I made some pulled pork sandwiches the other using my sous vide machine. I SousVide the pork shoulder overnight for about 14 Hours. They were pretty tasty! Try it out and tell me what you think! Whats your favorite pork recipe??
Recipe
1 2# Pork Shoulder

Adobo Marinade :
2 Dried Ancho Peppers Toasted
4 Garlic Cloves
1 TSP Cumin Seeds, Toasted
1 TSP Coriander Seeds, Toasted
1/2 Tsp Whole Cloves, Toasted
1/2 BN Oregano, Leaves only
1/4 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
Grind everything into Paste

Last edited:
I do have a smoker/grill. Different meats take on smoke better or worse. Pork shoulder, because of its size and density, doesn't take smoke very deep into the meat. So, pulled smoked pork is not nearly as smoky as ribs, for example.

My favoite pork cut to sous vide is tenderloin (which is easy to overcook by other cooking methods). It comes out juicy and tender. I use a Searzall to put a nice crust on it, without doing any additional cooking.

Recipe - Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin with Apple-Maple Sauce

CD

great pictures. Pulled pork sammies is one of my wife's favorite dinners!

We recently did pulled pork in the crockpot. It turned out fantastic. I also make my own spicy Bourbon BBQ sauce. Of course we turned it into thin crust pulled pork pizzas. I believe I posted pictures in the "what did you eat today" thread.

B

Craigers mate this was my favorite place to while away the hours whilst Mrs Blank shopped at Sawgrass Mills, is it near you. PAUL French Bakery & Cafe

Sawgrass Mills is about 10 miles away, but I've never really been interested in French Bakeries. I'm more prone to Cuban and Italian bakeries. There don't seem to be any Florida locations listed.

I do have a smoker/grill. Different meats take on smoke better or worse. Pork shoulder, because of its size and density, doesn't take smoke very deep into the meat. So, pulled smoked pork is not nearly as smoky as ribs, for example.

My favoite pork cut to sous vide is tenderloin (which is easy to overcook by other cooking methods). It comes out juicy and tender. I use a Searzall to put a nice crust on it, without doing any additional cooking.

Recipe - Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin with Apple-Maple Sauce

CD
Yea, there are some pit masters and foodies that say after two to three hours that meat what ever you are smoking won't take on anymore smoke after that so it kind of useless to keep smoking it at lower temps. I don't buy pork tenderloin much, but I may just to try it in the sous vide! that sounds great!

great pictures. Pulled pork sammies is one of my wife's favorite dinners!

We recently did pulled pork in the crockpot. It turned out fantastic. I also make my own spicy Bourbon BBQ sauce. Of course we turned it into thin crust pulled pork pizzas. I believe I posted pictures in the "what did you eat today" thread.

B
You had me at Pulled Pork Pizzas! My mother swears that the crock pot is one of God's gift to mankind.

If it isn't real BBQ pork butt done on a smoker. Then I prefer:

Recipe - Cochinita Pibil

OR

Recipe - Cuban Style Pork Roast

There are many other pork recipes that we love. Some Mexican, Tex-Mex, SW and from other parts of the world.
That is a great recipe! If you're into cooking movies or shows, the movie CHEF with John Favreau has one of the my favorite scenes ever when they make Cuban Pork Roast!

Yea, there are some pit masters and foodies that say after two to three hours that meat what ever you are smoking won't take on anymore smoke after that so it kind of useless to keep smoking it at lower temps. I don't buy pork tenderloin much, but I may just to try it in the sous vide! that sounds great!
Totally agree mate. Back in North Wales I would smoke a joint... of meat for about 30/40 mins then leave it to cook away.

Porchetta is awesome! Have you tried stuffing it with any fruits are vegetables and cooking those along with the belly? I was working at this restaurant back in my hometown and for a beer dinner we did with Sierra Nevada Brewery the Sous Chef made a Porchetta with an entire pig and the head attached. If I can find the picture anywhere ill try to post it!
Nope, Mrs Blank is Croatian so the like to keep fruit out of cooking meat with one anomaly Pastichada. Buying Spit roast pigs in the Balkans either whole or portioned is very common here. Every market has one or two outlets.

Back
Top Bottom