Recipe Pumpkin spiced apple & pear crumble with smashed gingerbread

Windigo

Kitchen Witch
Recipe Challenge Judge
Local time
4:07 PM
Website
www.instagram.com
I wanted to use up some ripe apples and pears, and am slowly getting into the holiday spirit. So I decided to use some gingerbread biscuits in my crumble!
1636388735198 (1).jpg

Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 2 baking apples (slightly tart)
-2 ripe pears
-100 g caster sugar
- 80 g gingerbread men, smashed to a fine sand
- 75 g steel cut oats
- 55 g plain flour
- 100 g butter
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice or holiday spice mix
- 1 knife tip of salt, or a sprinkling
Greased baking dish

1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius, upper and lower heat. Peel the apples and pears, remove the cores and dice into small cubes (about 2 square cms). Put into the greased baking dish.
2) Mix the dry ingredients and spices in a bowl and stir until well combined. Then add the butter, and stir until it is a crumbly mixture.
3) Spoon the mixture over the apples and pears in the baking dish, making sure to cover the entire dish with the crumble mix.
4) Put the dish in the oven and bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
5) Serve with custard or vanilla ice cream and enjoy!

Bookmarked!

I especially like the "knife tip of salt" - that says, "I'm equipped to cook you a delicious dessert, or to cut you from neck to navel...so don't make me angry." :laugh:

I especially like the "knife tip of salt" - that says, "I'm equipped to cook you a delicious dessert, or to cut you from neck to navel...so don't make me angry." :laugh:

I especially liked 'gingerbread men, smashed to a fine sand' which sends out a similar message!

A smashing recipe, I think.

That´s right up my street. Apples, pears, crumble, ginger - everything that makes me say "YUMMY".
I´m going to give that a go - next week, when I´ll have some apples and pears.

Back
Top Bottom