8) Butter - 2 Tblspns.
9) Olive Oil - as needed.
10) Lemon Juice - as needed.
11) Turmeric - 2 to 4 Tspns.
12) Allspice - 2 to 4 Tspns.
13) Shredded Cheddar Cheese - 1/4 to 1/2 Cup

RedLentilSalmonCasserole2.jpg

Procedure:

1) Pan Fry the Salmon Filet in Olive Oil.
2) Remove the Salmon Skin and Flake.
3) Add Lemon Juice, 1 to 2 Tspn each Turmeric and Allspice.
4) Turn the Salmon Flakes to coat with the Oil, Lemon Juice and Spices.
5) Continue to Heat until the Salmon turns Yellowish
6) Set aside the Flaked Salmon.
7) Dice the Annaheim Peppers, Onion, Roma Tomatoes and Garlic.
8) Slice the Muchrooms
9) Combine the vegetables with Olive Oil, Butter and Lemon Juice
11) Sautee the Vegetables in a Pan
12) Add 1 to 2 Tspn each Tumeric and Allspice and simmer.
13) Set Vegetables aside in a bowl.
14) Add Lentils and 1/4 Cup Water.
15) Add more Water as required.
16) Heat until Lentils soften and turn yellow.
17) Add the cooked Vegetable Mixture, heat and stir.
18) Place the Mixture in a Casserole Dish

RedLentilSalmonCasserole1.jpg

16) Cover with Flaked Salmon.
17) Bake until browned on top.

NOTE: Bake for 4 to 6 minutes, depending upon oven temperature and type of oven, conventional, air fryer or microwave. Microwaving will be less effective at browning.

18) Cover with additional Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
19) Bake for another 2 minutes to melt the Cheese.
20) Serve

Last edited:
For a first try at using Tumeric, this recipe turned out what I would describe as 'scrumdiddelyumptious', but it left my dishes and spots on my wooden table top dyed yellow. I can't remove the spots on the wood. It appears to be permanently yellowed.

An interesting recipe. It reminded me a bit of Kedgeree (an Anglo Indian dish with fish, rice and turmeric). Apparently kedgeree was based on the Indian dish Khichdi which used lentils not fish. So you have used lentils and fish (but no rice).

Fish and lentils is quite an unusual combination.

Re the turmeric stains - its happened to me many times (I have a bamboo work surface). They do fade away with time. Well, at least, mine have done.

An interesting recipe. It reminded me a bit of Kedgeree (an Anglo Indian dish with fish, rice and turmeric). Apparently kedgeree was based on the Indian dish Khichdi which used lentils not fish. So you have used lentils and fish (but no rice).

Fish and lentils is quite an unusual combination.

Re the turmeric stains - its happened to me many times (I have a bamboo work surface). They do fade away with time. Well, at least, mine have done.

I had not intended the recipe to duplicate any existing recipe. It was from scratch using my own nogg'n.

I like Salmon and haven't had any in a while, so it was due.

Lemon Juice and Butter are always good on Seafood, no different with Salmon. The mixture of Lentils, the Vegetables, Olive Oil, Butter, Lemon Juice and the Spices, Tumeric and Allspice made for a very zesty mouthful combined with the texture and flavor of the Salmon. It looks simple, but was addictively flavorful. The veggies were cooked just enough to leave them slightly crunchy as well.

This first Tumeric Recipe gave me a good idea how Tumeric will fit in with my other Recipe ideas.

I had not intended the recipe to duplicate any existing recipe. It was from scratch using my own nogg'n.

I like Salmon and haven't had any in a while, so it was due.

Lemon Juice and Butter are always good on Seafood, no different with Salmon. The mixture of Lentils, the Vegetables, Olive Oil, Butter, Lemon Juice and the Spices, Tumeric and Allspice made for a very zesty mouthful combined with the texture and flavor of the Salmon. It looks simple, but was addictively flavorful. The veggies were cooked just enough to leave them slightly crunchy as well.

This first Tumeric Recipe gave me a good idea how Tumeric will fit in with my other Recipe ideas.
That's what I do with my recipes, too. I love being original whenever possible.

I'm glad that list is intended to remove the yellow stains and not to alter my recipe. :smug:
I can't imagine what toothepaste would be like in your recipe, other than disgusting, LOL!

Edited to add that bleach and other cleaners, etc. would be as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom