Recipe Rendezvous-Style Rub for Ribs

cookieee

Local time
9:14 PM
I think we are finally having ribs tonight. We won't be having the Memphis ribs I posted earlier. DH offered to go to the store for a few things we needed for the recipe, but I said, let's find another recipe that we have everything for. Found this one. It makes 2 cups, enough for about 12 lbs. of ribs. We will be making 1/4 of the recipe. Here is the full recipe if you want to make 2 cups for future use.

Rendezvous-Style Rub for Ribs

8 TB. paprika
4 TB. powdered garlic
4 TB. mild chili powder
3 TB. ground black pepper
4 tsp. whole yellow mustard seed
1 TB. crushed celery seed
1 TB. whole celery seed
1 TB. dried crushed oregano
1 TB. dried crushed thyme
1 TB. whole allspice seeds
1 tsp. ground allspice
1 TB. whole coriander seed
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. Accent

Source: Charlie Vergo's Rendezvous Restaurant - Meathead Goldwyn - amazingrib.com

Last edited:
I was thinking 8 tbsp of Paprika sounded a LOT! But then I read this was for 12 lbs of ribs. I love the use of celery seeds here - a spice I intend to use more. Not sure what 'Accent' is...

"About the Accent. The label of the Rendezvous Famous Seasoning states that there is Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) in the blend. Ac'cent is made of MSG and you can find it in the spice section of your store. MSG, also known as glutamic acid, is a flavor enhancer as well as a natural byproduct of some aging and fermentation processes"

DH is making up the rub now, so I guess it is a GO for tonights dinner. lol Will let you all know the results later.

"About the Accent. The label of the Rendezvous Famous Seasoning states that there is Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) in the blend. Ac'cent is made of MSG and you can find it in the spice section of your store. MSG, also known as glutamic acid, is a flavor enhancer as well as a natural byproduct of some aging and fermentation processes"

Ah - I probably wouldn't use it in that case. I'm not keen on it. Not due to heath reasons (although it has a bad press) but I can always detect it in a sauce or mix. Could use a little miso instead...

Back
Top Bottom