Recipe Rice, Feta & Sweetcorn Stuffed Peppers

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
4:36 AM
You don’t really need to use purple rice to make this. White rice will suffice! But it looks so pretty I couldn’t resist and in truth, I had some purple rice leftover from making Purple Rice Salad with Tuna, Egg and Asparagus. The sweet taste of the peppers and corn contrast with the salty, tangy feta cheese and pink peppercorns add an unexpected quirky zing.

Ingredients (serves 2)
3 medium sized bell peppers
150g cooked rice (see here for purple rice recipe)
6 tbsp cooked sweetcorn kernels
100g feta cheese
A good pinch of dried thyme
1 tsp finely crushed pink peppercorns
Olive oil to drizzle

Method
  1. Heat the oven to 180C. Halve the peppers and de-seed. Place on a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes, until softened. At this point you can either char the peppers under a hot grill (broiler) or use a kitchen blowtorch to char the edges of the pepper.
  2. Place the rice and sweetcorn in bowl. Add crumbled feta, thyme and crushed peppercorns and mix well.
  3. Stuff the peppers with the mixture, drizzle with olive oil and bake for a further 20 minutes.

You don’t really need to use purple rice to make this. White rice will suffice! But it looks so pretty I couldn’t resist and in truth, I had some purple rice leftover from making Purple Rice Salad with Tuna, Egg and Asparagus. The sweet taste of the peppers and corn contrast with the salty, tangy feta cheese and pink peppercorns add an unexpected quirky zing.

View attachment 41630

Ingredients (serves 2)
100g feta cheese
Olive oil to drizzle

Method
  1. Heat the oven to 180C. Halve the peppers and de-seed. Place on a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes, until softened. At this point you can either char the peppers under a hot grill (broiler) or use a kitchen blowtorch to char the edges of the pepper.
  2. Place the rice and sweetcorn in bowl. Add crumbled feta, thyme and crushed peppercorns and mix well.
  3. Stuff the peppers with the mixture, drizzle with olive oil and bake for a further 20 minutes.

View attachment 41631
You've certainly mastered that phone camera!!

Russ

View attachment 41630

Ingredients (serves 2)
100g feta cheese
Olive oil to drizzle

Method

View attachment 41631

Delicious and very elegant!
I’d eat flowers as well 😄

Back
Top Bottom