4) Spinach, baby - 1/8 cup
5) Half n half - 4 tblspns.
6) Chervil - 1 tspn.
7) Bread crumbs - 3 or more pinches

Procedure:

-- Preparation --

1) Pan fry the salmon.
2) Flake the salmon.
3) Chop up the spinach into small pieces.
4) Puree the cream cheese and half n half with spinach and chervil.
5) Preheat Oven to 375F.

-- Cook and Serve --

5) Fill each mushroom cap with the cream cheese puree.
6) Top with salmon flakes.
7) Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
8) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
9) Serve.

Whilst not being a huge fan of fresh salmon, I am intrigued by the combination of ingredients here. I think the spinach is key in this recipe as a link between fish and fungi. Mushrooms are not so often used in fish dishes although of course there is the classic 'Sole bonne femme'.

Whilst not being a huge fan of fresh salmon, I am intrigued by the combination of ingredients here. I think the spinach is key in this recipe as a link between fish and fungi. Mushrooms are not so often used in fish dishes although of course there is the classic 'Sole bonne femme'.

You might think that there is a linkage. Perhaps there is. The spinach/cream cheese/chervil puree provides a good flavor base to the salmon for sure. Flaking and browning the salmon by baking, covered with fine bread crumbs creates a sort of toastiness here. It's really a very good result, soft deep mushroom flavor at the base, a semi-sweet filling and a topping of toasty salmon with bread crumbs. It was delicious. I would do it again.

Back
Top Bottom