- 2 Medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 8 Garlic cloves, coursely chopped
- Juice of 2 – 3 limes
- 8 Large cayenne chillis, coarsely chopped
- 8 Red/Green Thai chillis (to your taste)
- 8 Firm ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- A splash of vinegar
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- 2 Handfuls of chopped fresh coriander leaf
Mix the onion and garlic with the lime juice in a large bowl and set aside for 30 minutes. Add the cayenne chillis, Thai chillis, tomatoes, vinegar, sugar and salt and mix well. Taste for hotness and add the Thai chilies.
Put 50% of the mixture in a blender and pulse blend for a second or two. Return the blended mixture to the bowl, mix well and add the coriander. Chill, preferably overnight.