Makes 4 servings

Ingredients
2 medium uncooked sweet potatoes
1 tsp olive oil
½ cup shallot, minced
6 oz, cooked smoked chicken and apple sausage, chopped
1 small, apple, peeled and diced
½ tsp kosher salt
1 tsp fresh sage, chopped (plus a few leaves for garnish)
Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
4 TB plus 1 tsp shredded part-skin mozzarella cheese, divided

Directions
Preheat oven to 350°F.

Prick a few holes in potatoes with a fork. Place potatoes on a microwave safe plate and cook until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.

When potatoes have slightly cooled, cut each in half lengthwise, scoop out flesh into a large bowl and mash; reserve potato skins.

Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add sausage and apple; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.

Add sausage mixture, salt and sage to bowl with potato flesh; stir to combine. Gently fold in 3 Tbsp cheese; evenly divide mixture back into reserved potato skins and sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon remaining cheese. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, about 10 to 15 minutes. Serve garnished with sage leaves. Yields 1 stuffed potato half per serving.

Recipe courtesy of WeightWatchers.com

Oh my gravy all over my two scoop rice (that's OMG! in my world) TastyReuben I'm so making this for my Mother.
Do you think this would freeze okay?
Yes, I think so. I’d probably freeze it just after the stuffing, but before the final bake.

I must say, I don’t like sweet potatoes at all, but this wasn’t bad at all. I’d have no problem making these again (and will, I’m sure).

Yes, I think so. I’d probably freeze it just after the stuffing, but before the final bake.

I must say, I don’t like sweet potatoes at all, but this wasn’t bad at all. I’d have no problem making these again (and will, I’m sure).
So if I flash Freeze these cuties and then go to bake them off, should I increase the time on it ya think?

Back
Top Bottom