Prep Time: 15 to 20 Minutes
Serving Size: 1 to 2
- 2 cups of mixed salad greens
- 1 tomato thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup of diced red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup of diced green bell peppers
- 1/3 of a red onion thinly sliced
- 1 green scallion diced (cut the bottom off first)
- 1/3 avocado cut into wedges
- 3 to 4 slices of lime (as desired)
- 3/4 pound block of Saku Ahi Yellowfin Sashimi grade Tuna
- Organic white sesame seeds (as needed)
- Organic black sesame seeds (as needed)
- Organic ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 ounces of extra virgin olive oil (if desired, see method below)
- On a large dish (I used a rectangular plate) spread the washed mixed salad greens and decorate with the sliced tomatoes, diced red and green bell peppers, sliced red onions, and diced green scallions as desired. To a side of the dish set the avocado wedges and slices of lime.
- Preheat a large cast iron skillet. I used a Lodge cast iron skillet. You can use a thin layer of extra virgin olive oil, or sear the tuna against the hot skillet (as you wish). I used extra virgin olive oil.
- Spread white and black sesame seeds across a large plate (as desired). Sprinkle some organic ground black pepper (as desired). Mix all the ingredients evenly and very well top create a nice blend.
- Firmly press each side of the tuna block against the mixture to evenly coat the block of tuna.
- Then sear each side of the tuna for 1 to 3 Minutes (to reach a desired cook depth). Keep in mind that the tuna sears and cooks quick!
I enjoy creating recipes and sharing them! My goal is to create healthy recipes that target a 5 and 3 Rule. It's a mindset I target at most 5 natural ingredients (if not they must all be natural ingredients) and 3 grams max of combined trans & saturated fats (if not then ensure more poly and monounsaturated fats are included).
This is a quick meal and very enjoyable to eat! This is my first time posting a recipe here on this forum. All feedback and comments are welcome!
Last edited by a moderator: