Prep Time: 15 to 20 Minutes
Serving Size: 1 to 2

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of mixed salad greens
  • 1 tomato thinly sliced
  • 1/3 cup of diced red bell peppers
  • 1/3 cup of diced green bell peppers
  • 1/3 of a red onion thinly sliced
  • 1 green scallion diced (cut the bottom off first)
  • 1/3 avocado cut into wedges
  • 3 to 4 slices of lime (as desired)
  • 3/4 pound block of Saku Ahi Yellowfin Sashimi grade Tuna
  • Organic white sesame seeds (as needed)
  • Organic black sesame seeds (as needed)
  • Organic ground black pepper
  • 2 to 3 ounces of extra virgin olive oil (if desired, see method below)

Method:
  • On a large dish (I used a rectangular plate) spread the washed mixed salad greens and decorate with the sliced tomatoes, diced red and green bell peppers, sliced red onions, and diced green scallions as desired. To a side of the dish set the avocado wedges and slices of lime.
  • Preheat a large cast iron skillet. I used a Lodge cast iron skillet. You can use a thin layer of extra virgin olive oil, or sear the tuna against the hot skillet (as you wish). I used extra virgin olive oil.
  • Spread white and black sesame seeds across a large plate (as desired). Sprinkle some organic ground black pepper (as desired). Mix all the ingredients evenly and very well top create a nice blend.
  • Firmly press each side of the tuna block against the mixture to evenly coat the block of tuna.
  • Then sear each side of the tuna for 1 to 3 Minutes (to reach a desired cook depth). Keep in mind that the tuna sears and cooks quick!
Serve and Enjoy!

Credits:
I enjoy creating recipes and sharing them! My goal is to create healthy recipes that target a 5 and 3 Rule. It's a mindset I target at most 5 natural ingredients (if not they must all be natural ingredients) and 3 grams max of combined trans & saturated fats (if not then ensure more poly and monounsaturated fats are included).

Comments/Feedback:
This is a quick meal and very enjoyable to eat! This is my first time posting a recipe here on this forum. All feedback and comments are welcome!

2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks fantastic! I am a fan for sure. I make seared tuna steak encrusted with sesame seeds and black pepper every couple of months, but we usually eat it with sushi rice and wasabi, with maybe some sugar snap peas on the side. The salad sounds great though! I think it might be good with a seaweed salad as well.

Yumalicious, nice job!

Back
Top Bottom