Show me your breakfast (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made brioche bun (soaked in a buttermilk and vanilla egg wash) French toast with blueberries pushed down inside. Topped with yogurt, strawberries, and honey.
20230603_123816.jpg
20230603_123844.jpg
20230603_123908.jpg

What happened to the chips and salsa? This healthy fruit breakfast thing lately is making me worry about you!

I eat breakfast 3 or 4 times/week. If there's fresh fruit in the house that isn't sweet (durian, sweet mango), I'll eat that. Otherwise it's salsa. Salsa lasts forever!

Can't show you my breakfast but the very well reviewed cafe I had picked out on the Mendips that's run by a chef, food writer, guild judge and general bon viveur (apparently apple doesn't like that word either 🙄) that I tried to go to on a day it was shut has been checked out by Mr SSOAP and my eldest son.. WITHOUT ME, HOW VERY DARE THEY 😆

They said it was truly excellent.
Not many places still offer kippers for breakfast but they do. For me Kippers on the menu are the mark of a good breakfast place.

Mr SSOAP had the kebab which he really enjoyed and my eldest said the kippers were worth getting up for!

70807774984__941DA5A9-4EE2-47CD-90EF-D4F2B73EA302.jpeg

IMG_0117.jpeg

70807868642__C8C5B909-BECF-46B1-BAB7-2F37D3088DE7.jpeg

Food envy's an ugly thing isn't it 😆

Peanut butter cream-filled doughnut and coffee:

IMG_4696.jpeg

This is an old-school doughnut shop - big pastry case, low counter with stools, original Formica-style decor, and boxes everywhere.

Just named to someone’s “Best Doughnuts in the US” list…they’re fine, but not fantastic.

Best part was the 164yo man and his wife toddling in. There was a line of about six or eight people, and first they got at the front of the line. While there, he explained:

“I’m doing my good deed for the day…you see, we’re visiting my sister in Dinglebury, Indiana today, and she always asks for doughnuts, and I used to get them from the Donut Drop in Sunnville, until I found out these are better…isn’t that right, dear?”

“Ummm-hmmm…”

Then they moved to the end of the line, stopping halfway through:

“Oh, excuse me, but y’know I’m doing my good deed today…”

When they got to the end of the line and took their rightful place:

“It’s my good-deed day, that’s what I call it. See, we’re going over to…”

“Next please! That’s you, sir!”

“Oh, is it? Well, y’see, we’re going to see me sister today…doughnuts…nearly all the way to Illinois…a caramel-cinnamon roll in one bag, that’s for me…it’s my good deed, y’know…and she’d like the red velvet cream-filled, is that right, dear?…she used to live in Sunnville, y’know, do you know where that is?…so maybe six in a box, let’s see, is that cream or custard…”

The best thing was, nobody rushed them, nobody complained, no one was short with them, the very busy shop seemed to stop when they came in.

After they left, I heard one of the workers behind the counter tell another customer, “Yeah, they come in every month, same story, always getting doughnuts for his sister.”

The best thing was, nobody rushed them, nobody complained, no one was short with them, the very busy shop seemed to stop when they came in.

After they left, I heard one of the workers behind the counter tell another customer, “Yeah, they come in every month, same story, always getting doughnuts for his sister.”

Then they went to the car and he said, "I love messin' with them young-uns" -- and they have a good laugh.

CD

Peanut butter cream-filled doughnut and coffee:

View attachment 101189

This is an old-school doughnut shop - big pastry case, low counter with stools, original Formica-style decor, and boxes everywhere.

Just named to someone’s “Best Doughnuts in the US” list…they’re fine, but not fantastic.

Best part was the 164yo man and his wife toddling in. There was a line of about six or eight people, and first they got at the front of the line. While there, he explained:

“I’m doing my good deed for the day…you see, we’re visiting my sister in Dinglebury, Indiana today, and she always asks for doughnuts, and I used to get them from the Donut Drop in Sunnville, until I found out these are better…isn’t that right, dear?”

“Ummm-hmmm…”

Then they moved to the end of the line, stopping halfway through:

“Oh, excuse me, but y’know I’m doing my good deed today…”

When they got to the end of the line and took their rightful place:

“It’s my good-deed day, that’s what I call it. See, we’re going over to…”

“Next please! That’s you, sir!”

“Oh, is it? Well, y’see, we’re going to see me sister today…doughnuts…nearly all the way to Illinois…a caramel-cinnamon roll in one bag, that’s for me…it’s my good deed, y’know…and she’d like the red velvet cream-filled, is that right, dear?…she used to live in Sunnville, y’know, do you know where that is?…so maybe six in a box, let’s see, is that cream or custard…”

That chocolate doesn't look well tempered, a bit grainy. Was it ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom