Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
8/10 I deducted 1 point for leaving the crusts on and one for lamentable buttering ie inconsistent thickness of spread and leaving your edges naked.
But the crust is the best bit...

I butter toast like a frost a cake - gorgeous waves lashed all over, like a creamy, churning oceanscape. 😋

Look at medtran49's dinner pic from last night and that is what I'm having for breakfast.
I'd have a hard time eating the previous night's leftovers for breakfast. I definitely divide my foods between ones that are breakfast foods, ones that are non-breakfast foods, and the few that are universal.

I'd have a hard time eating the previous night's leftovers for breakfast. I definitely divide my foods between ones that are breakfast foods, ones that are non-breakfast foods, and the few that are universal.

Its something that doesn't require cooking, just warming up a bit (if I choose to do so) and keeps leftovers to a minimum. Yesterdays breakfast and lunch was my Texas chili from Saturdays dinner. I have no definition of "Breakfast Food", to me it is just food. I probably won't have what you call breakfast food until we can go to a sit down place for it. When we plan meals, they are strictly dinner meals. Once in awhile we'll get some deli meats and cheese for lunch. I also have sandwiches for breakfast. We also sometimes have "breakfast foods" for dinner.

Did you go straight into the military, or to college first. Two different life experiences. In the first years of military, you eat what is prepared for you. Period. In the first years of college, you eat whatever is available in your rush to get to your morning classes on time. Often, leftover cold pizza. Dinner is what you can afford after buying beer. Priorities!

CD

If you can put an egg on it, it's breakfast, right? LOL! JK. But seriously, I will eat a slice of pizza for breakfast or leftover lasagna, or leftover whatever. Or sometimes I will eat actual breakfast food. If you are "breaking your fast" after sleeping for an extended period of time, it's breakfast.

And typical breakfast foods can also be eaten at other times in my world, so is that a rule breaker for you? Have you ever eaten cereal at night after dinner for dessert? I like to do yogurt and fruit with some granola or other cereal atop on occasion. And donuts could be at breakfast or after dinner. And so forth.

And typical breakfast foods can also be eaten at other times in my world, so is that a rule breaker for you?
Yes. I hate the whole concept of "Breakfast For Dinner." Once I'm Imperial Grand Potentate Of All Creation, that's one of the first things on the chopping block:

"Pancakes for supper?!?! Off with your head!"

Have you ever eaten cereal at night after dinner for dessert?
Very, very rarely, and then only when I've been too sick/drunk to know better, and I felt great shame when I came to my senses.

MrsTasty eats cereal all the *%!@ time, and it drives me up a wall. She sits there in her chair, with a big bowl of Crunchberries, and I watch her and think, "If she starts to choke on those and I just let her choke, no court would convict me, because the jury would say, 'That's what you get when you eat cereal after 9AM. NOT GUILTY!!!'" :laugh:

I should add, there are some foods that can float between meals, like bacon. Also eggs. But the rules are such that, bacon and eggs, like a fried egg and a side of bacon...breakfast yes, any other time, no.

Yes. I hate the whole concept of "Breakfast For Dinner." Once I'm Imperial Grand Potentate Of All Creation, that's one of the first things on the chopping block:

"Pancakes for supper?!?! Off with your head!"

Very, very rarely, and then only when I've been too sick/drunk to know better, and I felt great shame when I came to my senses.

MrsTasty eats cereal all the *%!@ time, and it drives me up a wall. She sits there in her chair, with a big bowl of Crunchberries, and I watch her and think, "If she starts to choke on those and I just let her choke, no court would convict me, because the jury would say, 'That's what you get when you eat cereal after 9AM. NOT GUILTY!!!'" :laugh:

I should add, there are some foods that can float between meals, like bacon. Also eggs. But the rules are such that, bacon and eggs, like a fried egg and a side of bacon...breakfast yes, any other time, no.

Waffle House, 2AM, after the clubs close. Eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, and if you are really hungry, a waffle.

If you don't like that, there is something seriously wrong with you.

Actually, I can eat bacon and eggs pretty much anytime someone puts a plate of them in front of me.

CD

Waffle House, 2AM, after the clubs close. Eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, and if you are really hungry, a waffle.

If you don't like that, there is something seriously wrong with you.
That's ok, it falls within the prescribed breakfast meal hours I'll have my ministers lay out in Imperial Regulation 37-19, Consumption Of Foodstuffs For Nourishment And Pleasure, Section 11, paragraphs 1-7.

That's ok, it falls within the prescribed breakfast meal hours I'll have my ministers lay out in Imperial Regulation 37-19, Consumption Of Foodstuffs For Nourishment And Pleasure, Section 11, paragraphs 1-7.
It would be so easy to drive you into lunacy. Mrs. Tasty could contrive a plan to have you committed to the madhouse quite easily.

What would you do if you didn't have time to eat upon waking and your first meal was at 11 a.m., soup and sandwich perhaps? It's breakfast technically.

What would you do if you didn't have time to eat upon waking
I'll stop you right there, as that concept is completely unknown to me. :laugh:

"But...but...Imperial Grand Potentate, I didn't have time to eat upon rising! I...I had to tend the sheep and-"

"Plan your day better. OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!"

-or-

"You shan't be bothered by that any more...OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!"

And for the record...I'm the one who drives MrsTasty into lunacy. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom