Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avocado with crab and ricotta (left over from the ravioli disaster) on toast

More scrambled eggs on toast - one of my favorites - and done the way I like them, with onion, celery, ham, cheese, and tomato cooked in.

I'll tell you, it's kind of funny when both diners are particular about how they want their food, but only one person (me) is doing the cooking and the plating and the serving...it gets to be a little complex.

For example, just where toast is concerned - I like my bread very toasted, crisp all the way through; the wife likes it lightly toasted, with a little bit of chew.

I like my toast to be more room temperature, she prefers it warm out of the toaster.

That leads to the butter, which I like slathered on like cake frosting (I want to see distinct waves in my butter). On room temperature toast, that means the butter doesn't melt. That's what I like.

She likes toast lightly butter, while still warm, so the butter melts and soaks in a bit.

I prefer my toast slice left whole, she wants hers cut, but not corner-to-corner. I did cut this slice for the benefit of plating.

All that means that the breakfast timeline has various points of toast tending built in, as I toast my bread much earlier, but I butter hers first, they're toasted at different times...it's a lot to keep track of for something that seems so simple!

...and that's not even talking about the eggs. :)

I like my toast to be more room temperature, she prefers it warm out of the toaster
Warm out of the toaster. Nothing worse than cold food.. chewy with a soft center as well, not a crisp bread, I can buy those.
That leads to the butter, which I like slathered on like cake frosting (I want to see distinct waves in my butter). On room temperature toast, that means the butter doesn't melt. That's what I like
When I could have it, applied generously, melted but it had to be from crust to crust and musty go into the corners as well. I can't swallow dry toast at all, it literally gets stuck in my throat.
I prefer my toast slice left whole, she wants hers cut, but not corner-to-corner. I did cut this slice for the benefit of plating
In half sideways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom