Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
You swirl the water, slip the egg in, then let the swirl stop itself. Unfortunately, you can really only do 1 egg at a time that way. You let them sit in the water for whatever amount of time that corresponds to how you want your yolk cooked, i.e. runny to fully cooked. I have to look the times up every time because I don't poach eggs very often, but I think it was a little over 3 minutes for my hubs who likes his yolks very runny to about 4 minutes or a little more for mine, which I like jelly like.

When cooking multiple eggs, just gently tip/slide the individual eggs from a container into the shimmering/simmering water and increase cooking time by 15-30 seconds depending on how many you are cooking.

BTW, I use Chef Eric Ripert's blender Hollandaise sauce recipe/technique. Works every time.

I do mine exactly like you do yours. I think I got the tip on here.

Russ

Oatmeal with date syrup and almonds.

Whats on the toast under the egg?

Here's the order: :okay:

Universe
Galaxy
Solar System and Planets
Sun
Moon
International Space Station
Sky
Roof
Ceiling

Egg
Bacon
Breaded Chicken Patty splashed with Cayenne Pepper Sauce
Tomato
Onion
Lettuce
Shingle (Toast)

Plate
Table
Floor
Core of the Earth

Last edited:
Bacon and mushroom sarnie.

I'm reminded that an English breakfast consists of things that Americans don't generally expect in their first meal of the day, namely baked beans, tomatoes, and mushrooms. I don't know if I'll ever warm up to having beans at breakfast, and tomatoes are something I will sometimes integrate into an omelet. But, I definitely think I should start including mushrooms in more than just omelets.

I'm reminded that an English breakfast consists of things that Americans don't generally expect in their first meal of the day, namely baked beans, tomatoes, and mushrooms. I don't know if I'll ever warm up to having beans at breakfast, and tomatoes are something I will sometimes integrate into an omelet. But, I definitely think I should start including mushrooms in more than just omelets.
Baked beans only started appearing in English breakfasts in the 1960's following a huge advertising campaign by Heinz. They became a cheap filler, much like hash browns, neither really belonging in a traditional English breakfast. Therefore, ironically, the weird stuff we now add to our breakfast we got from Americans 😂. This has minded me to research a history of the English breakfast. Internet searches come up with nothing of any substance. A worthy lockdown project.

I always found that bread, bacon and mushrooms are a wonderful combination, not necessarily only for breakfast...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom