Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kellogg’s Cracklin’ Oat Bran - one of those cereals that sounds healthier than it is:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracklin'_Oat_Bran

Not too bad. Just a little high on the sugars. 3/4 cup is not a realistic portion, though.

Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 6.02.16 PM.jpg

CD

This gets my vote for cereal that has the largest gap between how it looks and how it tastes:

View attachment 90975
Looks like cat food, tastes like a big bowl of cinnamon-brown sugar oatmeal.
What kind is that? OOPS never mind!
That was one of faves but in the day...

IMG_2185.JPG

I splurged and bought a small, ripe Avocado yesterday at the Green Grocer, 88¢ usd :facepalm:
I had half, massed up with some lime juice and cayenne on 21 grain toast, topped with arugula sprouts, even DH said it did look good, but certainly would never eat that :laugh:

I don't think we'll ever see Avo's at 25¢ each again. Isn't the old saying once the price of something goes up, it'll never come back down :cry:
I’ve been buying avocados only since June, so I have no idea what they’re “supposed” to cost. I think they’ve been around 2/$4 since I started buying them.

I don't think we'll ever see Avo's at 25¢ each again. Isn't the old saying once the price of something goes up, it'll never come back down :cry:

If the Mexican government can get the drug cartels out of the avocado business, we might see prices come down. Maybe not to 25 cents, but maybe 50 cents? The avocado farmers are sick and tired of the cartels taking their money, so now we just need to see if the Mexican government has the courage to take on the cartels. From past history, I'm not holding my breath.

CD

SOS? I can't find dried chipped beef anywhere. :( Mom used the little glass jars for juice glasses (or a little wine at dinner). LOL
This is the dried beef we use, easily found everywhere around here, even small gas station convenience stores sell it:

Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom