Show us your pet

I have my grandparent's grandfather clock, and my sister will get my mom's. I like mine. It's a piece of family history, for one thing.

If you are worried about it chiming, don't worry. 80-percent of the time, I don't even notice it. It chimes four times an hour, and I really go hours without hearing it (or noticing it, at least). My brain just tunes it out. It doesn't take long for your brain to adapt, either. It is right outside my bedroom in a hallway, and rarely hear/notice it in bed.

But, on many GF clocks, you can turn the chimes off. On some, you can even turn them off just at night.

CD
Here's where it started.

The wand was missing from its spot again this morning. She had dragged it from between the back of the couch and the couch cushions to a wood chair that sits up against the back of the couch, which Strider likes to sit in and rest his head on the back of the couch. Anyway, the wand and string got caught between different slats in the back of the chair. Guess that explains the extended pat/scratch session in the middle of the night. Guess I'm going to have to hide the wand before I go to bed from now on.

The wand was missing from its spot again this morning. She had dragged it from between the back of the couch and the couch cushions to a wood chair that sits up against the back of the couch, which Strider likes to sit in and rest his head on the back of the couch. Anyway, the wand and string got caught between different slats in the back of the chair. Guess that explains the extended pat/scratch session in the middle of the night. Guess I'm going to have to hide the wand before I go to bed from now on.

She really loves that wand! Its rather unusual for a cat to be so attached to a toy, I think.

She really loves that wand! Its rather unusual for a cat to be so attached to a toy, I think.
My cats all have a favorite toy. They will dig out every toy from their toy box to find their favorite. And they never put them away! How rude. We find toys in the oddest places. :angelic:

Years and years ago when DD was a teen, I had several items of jewelry disappear, as well as several crafty items of ribbons, strings of beads, and the like. I sort of wondered if 1 or more of DD's friends had sticky fingers, but couldn't figure out why the crafty items were disappearing too.

Several months previous, Craig had been out walking with our malamute/husky mix girl, Keena, who was a gentle giant at about 90 pounds. We were about the fourth or fifth house in our neighborhood that was built and lived in at the time. A tiny little kitten, smaller than Keena's muzzle, walked up to her and Craig from 1 of the construction sites and proceeded to twine around and rub on Craig and Keena. Being the softie for animals that he is, Craig scooped the kitten up and brought her home. The kitten pretty much stayed in our bedroom, venturing out to other bedrooms upstairs once in a while. She rarely went downstairs. She was a very timid girl.

We had a huge, very heavy armoire in our bedroom that we only moved and cleaned behind once a year or so. Well, when we moved it to clean a bit less than a year after the kitty came to live with us, we discovered that she was quite the collector when she was still on the tiny side. She could no longer fit behind the armoire, but all the things that I knew had gone missing, plus a few more, were all behind the armoire.

Apparently her "collector" phase only lasted while she was a kitten, but she always stayed timid and much preferred to stay in mine and Craig's bedroom her entire life. We put a litter box and food and water in our dressing room/bathroom for her.

Son was here yesterday. Spotted a post about his cat at somebody's house. They were asking for the owner of this female cat on his local fb page.
Son while here answered it's our cat. And it's a male. Put him outside and he will come back home.
His name is rowdy and has his own fb page.
He was found as a kitten abandoned so was hand raised and fearless. And super friendly.

Russ

RIP Sally.

20230619_130813.jpg

She was just 15 months and our youngest chook. She been ill since February or so.

Back
Top Bottom