Ingredients for 2 with leftovers:
- 500 grams minced beef
- 1 large onion (finely diced)
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp sambal badjak
- 2 tsp sambal oelek
- 3 tbsp ketjap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp salty soy sauce
- Bisto gravy powder
- 300 ml water
- Salt and pepper
2) When the meat is browned (make sure the veggies don't burn by stirring frequently), add the soy sauces and stir the bisto mix in according to the package.
3) Add the water and let stew for about 10 mins on low heat or until the sauce is glossy and thickened. If not much sauce, add more water.
4) Serve with mashed potatoes, or a baked potato, or rice/noodles. It's a flexible dish.
Edit: on the photo I also added a diced carrot to the mix, however this is optional.