The avocado debate

When I have avocado it's usually chopped into bean & green leaf salad. To me it's not something I enjoy eating on its own as it seems to taste like a savoury banana, but hidden in a salad with basil and coriander leaves it ads a bit of texture.
My husband likes them alone with just salt and pepper. I like them in salads and more.
1653839726062.png

My husband likes them alone with just salt and pepper. I like them in salads and more.
View attachment 85888

Looks great - and that's the way I use them usually (in salads). One thing I do like about them is the colour and the fact you can either slice or create little Parisienne scoops, both of which look good on the plate.

Here is the Parisienne scoop effect:

Looks great - and that's the way I use them usually (in salads). One thing I do like about them is the colour and the fact you can either slice or create little Parisienne scoops, both of which look good on the plate.

Here is the Parisienne scoop effect:

View attachment 85894
I used to have a melon ball scoop somewhere but not sure if I still do. That's really pretty!

The way I see it is that its easier than slicing it neatly!
Agreed! But generally I am putting half of the avocado on a plate and slicing it neatly for hubby since that's how he likes it, so the other half I generally just follow suit. But if photographing in the future, I would rather do something more attractive like your method.

Cut the avocado in half: leave the fruit in the shell, score down the avocado, two or three times (with those silly little fruits :laugh: :laugh:) then score across, three or four times. Turn the avocado inside out and the little squares of avocado will be easy to put on a plate.

Cut the avocado in half: leave the fruit in the shell, score down the avocado, two or three times (with those silly little fruits :laugh: :laugh:) then score across, three or four times. Turn the avocado inside out and the little squares of avocado will be easy to put on a plate.
I just use a spoon, scoop out half, hold it with my palm gently, and slice. It's nothing fancy but that's how hubby likes it so it's the easiest. It's back to the "does shape matter" thread on this one.

Yeah - the hedgehog cut.

And then there is the 80's fan...

Yeah - the hedgehog cut.

And then there is the 80's fan...
I don't believe I even ate avocados in the 80s, LOL! But I really didn't cook much because my boyfriend at the time was a chef. I just sat and drank wine and watched him cook, but thinking he didn't use avocados very often, maybe because they just weren't around or weren't very good where I lived.

I saw a recipe for avocado crisps awhile back.
I can't find the photo, but we have several restaurants here in Cowboyville Arizona USA that have many vegetarian options. I've have fries and egg rolls a few time, quite nice actually, especially with dipping sauces 😋

That seems to defy logic. But to me crisps are what you call chips! What are avocado crisps?

Chips! If I remember correctly, it's parmesan cheese and avocado baked into crisps. Edited: I found a recipe.
These avocado crisps are healthy, easy to make and SO delicious | Her.ie

I can't find the photo, but we have several restaurants here in Cowboyville Arizona USA that have many vegetarian options. I've have fries and egg rolls a few time, quite nice actually, especially with dipping sauces 😋

I've had the egg rolls before. They were pretty good.

Last edited:
Avocado Egg Roll.jpg

Avocado Egg Roll1.jpg

These were the Avocado Egg Rolls I had some years back.
Seems like they had diced Avo, Tomato, Lime juice, Cilantro and Jalapeno.
I don't know what the dipping sauce is but it was good.

The Avocado Fries/Crips are simply wedges of Avo coated in I think Panko and deep fried, YUM

Back
Top Bottom