The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Alliums

Cranberry-Ramsons Meringue
karp_8.jpg

I sometimes like to eat Raw Garlic. Does that qualify as a recipe?

I also have been known to eat Raw Scallions, sometimes with a dip.

I've only eaten Raw Onion in salads.

I can't remember ever eating Raw Shallots and I've never had Leeks before. That will be a new experience.

I'm gonna make an onion bread tommorow and would like to submit the recipe. But I didn't measured anything, so what do I do? Stay healthy
Most of us just tend to guestimate (like caseydog posted) so I am sure you best guess will be just fine. I rarely measure things when I am preparing meals unless it's for one of the recipe challenges here. I find that quite "challenging" indeed!

I'm gonna make an onion bread tommorow and would like to submit the recipe. But I didn't measured anything, so what do I do? Stay healthy
Cook it again and this time record weights. Baking is very temperamental. It's not looked cooking where you can add 1½ times the amount and get away with it (unless it's salt!). Add 150% off the required flour and you'll get a totally different result to adding 100% or 110%.

Incidentally, it's why my husband is better at baking that I am on the whole. I go by sight, I freelance, I adapt and so on. He follows a recipe religiously and if it says 1½ tbsp salt, he'll add that much despite knowing that not only do I hate the taste of salt but that I was brought up on a near salt free diet...

Its fine by me (as judge of the current challenge) if you submit the recipe with your approximate amounts. If you only just made the dough then I expect you can remember the approximate measures. After all, bread dough is basically only a few ingredients.

Back
Top Bottom