The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Alliums

Stuffed Onions
onio_14.jpg

The challenge is now closed. A big thank you to everyone who entered. I think we yet again smashed the records with 51 entries! Many entries were of a very high standard and in truth, it would be easier if I could choose a group of winners. But, I've now finished reading them all (phew!) and have made comments in each recipe thread. Currently a short-list is being compiled...

Having just read over 50 recipes, I thought I should take the opportunity to comment on recipe formatting. I posted a new thread about this: Recipe formatting and layout

I could have picked any of the above as the winner but I kept coming back to the Roasted Garlic Soup by The Late Night Gourmet. OK - I love garlic and this soup has 4 whole heads!

Once again, thanks to all who entered and a special mention for new members PabloLerntKochen, @PreppedFRESH and ThatDude who entered for the first time, all with excellent recipes.

Its over to you The Late Night Gourmet to choose the next ingredient and become judge. Just post your choice it here and I'll set up a new thread. To see the ingredients which have gone before in date and alphabetical order, see here. As you know, its best to choose something likely to be accessible in our various countries. It doesn't matter if its been chosen before as long as its not too recently.

cong.gif
, The Late Night Gourmet. A lovely winning recipe.

Thank you, Morning Glory, for being a pedantic and self-reliant judge. I appreciate your sincere feedback and comments. Being amongst the final four (thanks for the mention), I was glow for maybe 5 minutes for not winning but hey, TLNG's recipe was a killer: mmm, all that yammy garlic sizzling in oil. It's also much easier to cook than to judge. Good luck and endurance for you, TLNG!

Last edited:
I could have picked any of the above as the winner but I kept coming back to the Roasted Garlic Soup by The Late Night Gourmet. OK - I love garlic and this soup has 4 whole heads!

Once again, thanks to all who entered and a special mention for new members PabloLerntKochen, @PreppedFRESH and ThatDude who entered for the first time, all with excellent recipes.

Its over to you The Late Night Gourmet to choose the next ingredient and become judge. Just post your choice it here and I'll set up a new thread. To see the ingredients which have gone before in date and alphabetical order, see here. As you know, its best to choose something likely to be accessible in our various countries. It doesn't matter if its been chosen before as long as its not too recently.
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I mean...

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

Seriously, Morning Glory: this was a fun challenge, and I do feel greatly honored that you picked my recipe with all the excellent options.

I am scanning the list of ingredients that have been used.

Hmmm...no one has picked durian....yet.

I will pick something soon.

Back
Top Bottom