The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Alliums

I was planning an Italian entry, but switched to a Middle Eastern one. I made baba ghanoush, a middle Eastern eggplant/aubergine dip. I served it with caramalized onions. I basically made this to see if mine is tastier than my mother's, and I have to say it was a good contender. I never made this before, but I think I'll keep it now I have done it once.

Recipe - My recipe for Baba Ghanoush (aubergine/eggplant dip)

43BD6D8A-35D4-4A47-A706-7AD9AA1ADB2C.jpeg

Garlic & Leek French Toast. Do you like cheese? No? You may want to stop reading now. But, if you do like cheese, you may want to give this a try. This looks like a grilled cheese sandwich, but it’s so much more. I sautéed the garlic and leeks in butter, then mixed in cheese, Dijon mustard, and half-and-half. I stuffed that mixture between two pieces of bread, and dipped it all in a mixture of egg, half-and-half, and shredded asiago cheese. So, it does qualify as French toast, but I don’t recommend using maple syrup.

Last edited:
View attachment 56587

Garlic & Leek French Toast.
Do you like cheese? No? You may want to stop reading now. But, if you do like cheese, you may want to give this a try. This looks like a grilled cheese sandwich, but it’s so much more. I sautéed the garlic and leeks in butter, then mixed in cheese, Dijon mustard, and half-and-half. I stuffed that mixture between two pieces of bread, and dipped it all in a mixture of egg, half-and-half, and shredded asiago cheese. So, it does qualify as French toast, but I don’t recommend using maple syrup.

I like all in this sandwich, well done indeed
Needless to say that I’ll give it a try soon 🙂

08491163-3362-4D5A-BBCB-3700AD6C2311.jpeg

Bacon Fried Cauliflower Rice. I made this with leeks, red onion, green onion, and garlic. And chicken, too. But, I decided to keep the name short. I shredded an entire head of cauliflower. And, no, I’m not going to tell my family that it isn’t real rice until after they eat it. :whistling:

Last edited:
View attachment 56587

Garlic & Leek French Toast. Do you like cheese? No? You may want to stop reading now. But, if you do like cheese, you may want to give this a try. This looks like a grilled cheese sandwich, but it’s so much more. I sautéed the garlic and leeks in butter, then mixed in cheese, Dijon mustard, and half-and-half. I stuffed that mixture between two pieces of bread, and dipped it all in a mixture of egg, half-and-half, and shredded asiago cheese. So, it does qualify as French toast, but I don’t recommend using maple syrup.
I used a laughing emoji at your maple syrup reference. I wanted to give it a "love" emoji too. I adore the idea of savory French toast!

Back
Top Bottom