The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Alliums

Speedy Meat Sauce
spe_c.png

I tried that method with my garlic soup recipe, and maybe 20% opened. But, if I microwave first, then shake it...
I sometimes wrap them in foil and bake them in my toaster oven (a regular oven will do) for about 5 minutes. They peel quite easily. I do love roasted garlic better than raw garlic so sometimes I will go 25 minutes till they are a paste and use that in recipes. It just depends on what I am doing.

Not contest-centric, but used up the leftover leeks, creamed and mixed into some spuds with white cheddar. Bangers w/ bacon onion gravy.

View attachment 56339
Honestly, I am not fond of sausages in the casing but the crispiness and sheen of yours is pretty, and the natural, unstaged-looking photography of all your food is awesome.

Honestly, I am not fond of sausages in the casing but the crispiness and sheen of yours is pretty, and the natural, unstaged-looking photography of all your food is awesome.

I share a few passions with ThatDude. Cooking, obviously, a certain brand of cars, and taking pictures, although not of the same stuff, for the most part. He has some serious skills in all of those departments. I understand he is also fond of White Russians.

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 8.50.24 PM.png

CD

I share a few passions with ThatDude. Cooking, obviously, a certain brand of cars, and taking pictures, although not of the same stuff, for the most part. He has some serious skills in all of those departments. I understand he is also fond of White Russians.

CD
That Dude abides.

Recipe - Marinated and Roasted Onions

I cook with onions and garlic (lots of both) everyday, so I could enter pretty much all of my meals but I don't care to work that hard, and you would all get bored. MG said to make alliums "the Star," I think. So, that was my mission.

This is a side dish. It has both onions and garlic, my two top food groups. It looks simple, and is, but it took 24-hours to make. More on that when I make myself write a recipe.

We grow onions in Texas. Good ones, and rather large.

IMG_1329.JPG

This is not a side dish in the same way that mashed potatoes are a side dish. This has some attitude -- in a good way. Don't serve this with a delicate fish. I ate one with a well seasoned pork chop.

Enough jabbering. Here it is.

Onion001.jpg

CD

Last edited:
As usual, I will post a recipe, and do all of that link stuff tomorrow, or the next day. Hey, it's a caseydog entry, you know how I roll.

I cook with onions and garlic (lots of both) everyday, so I could enter pretty much all of my meals but I don't care to work that hard, and you would all get bored. MG said to make alliums "the Star," I think. So, that was my mission.

This is a side dish. It has both onions and garlic, my two top food groups. It looks simple, and is, but it took 24-hours to make. More on that when I make myself write a recipe.

We grow onions in Texas. Good ones, and rather large.

View attachment 56344

This is not a side dish in the same way that mashed potatoes are a side dish. This has some attitude -- in a good way. Don't serve this with a delicate fish. I ate one with a well seasoned pork chop.

Enough jabbering. Here it is.

View attachment 56345

CD

That is a HUGE onion!

Well, I'm not making Chinese scallion pancakes again, not the way I made them this morning. Bleah, not going to post them. Although the scallions were the best part of the dish....

I WILL try my hand at Korean seafood scallion pancakes tomorrow, however. The technique is different - and they can be awesome to eat.

Back
Top Bottom