The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Alliums

All right, I'm planning on making savory Asian scallion/green onion pancakes. My quick run out to the local (really tiny) mom and pop groceries - neither of them have such an item. And now it is snowing heavily. A trip to a real supermarket won't happen until Thursday.

Otherwise, I am thinking about other ideas with onions. I could try one idea for a second time that I failed at about a year ago. Or I may discover the fail was simply because it didn't hit my taste buds happily to begin with? I do have sufficient onions here.

Chicken, Bacon and Pearl Onion Chilli Con Carne

ChickenBaconPearlOnionChilli02.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my Onion Bread entry
View attachment 55868

I have to criticize it, the smell was promising, but the next time I'll add two onions and maybe some herbs. You could taste the yeast a little bit, but more salt will solve the problem. The inside is crumbly, I'm not a big fan of it, but the crust the... Oh boy, that's what I love about this bread.
murphyscreek very nice chicken
Stay healthy
That looks like a great bread to dunk or crumble into some soup! Who cares if it crumbles if it's good and crusty.

43892445-7265-4E78-9905-447DECC7DF32.jpeg

Roasted Garlic Soup. You want something that's garlic forward? You can’t get more forward than putting four heads of garlic into a soup recipe. I used day-old bread as a thickener, and found that I didn’t need to add cream to make it thick and luxurious.

Also guaranteed to make your house smell like roasted garlic. I consider this a good thing, but my wife did not agree. Did I mention that there's a large onion in this recipe, too? That definitely didn't help my case. I had all the windows open and the fans on to ventilate the house. And it snowed today. Totally worth it.

Last edited:
Great stuff everyone! 18 entries so far according to the 'tag' and just over 2 weeks to go. I'm catching up on reading each recipe and have made (or will make) comments on every recipe in the recipe's own thread.

Please check that your recipes are tagged correctly. If your recipe doesn't appear when you click this tag then its not correctly tagged: cookingbites recipe challenge

Back
Top Bottom