The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Almonds

Status
Not open for further replies.
mjdlovescooking
This forum has been a gift. I have learned so many new cooking techniques, experimented with new ingredients and learned to love the members of this forum.

I've noticed. I usually don't just jump right in but this forum gives off a very positive vibe. Thanks for the welcome!

I have a chicken korma I'm making next week when things go back to normal. Almonds are the thickening agent. I personally don't like almonds but we shall see. My wife loves them.

Russ

I've now made a Chicken Pasanda which uses a similar technique with almonds. I've yet to download and edit the photos and type up the recipe (from jotted notes). Coming soon...

Welcome to the CookingBites Recipe Challenge. The current challenge ingredient is almonds and murphyscreek is our judge. To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe containing almonds as a new thread, tag it cookingbites recipe challenge and post a link to it in this thread. This challenge includes almonds in any form, including almond flour/meal and almond milk. The winner becomes the judge for the next challenge.

Deadline: 12.00 midday Thursday 24th September UK time (GMT +1). Challenge rules and a list of previous winners and ingredients can be found here.
Hey, so I am in the process of posting a recipe and tried to tag it "cooking bites recipe challenge" and I received a message stating that some tags are blacklisted and to change the tag "cooking bites recipe challenge". It wouldn't allow me to post it so I had to remove the tag.

Recipe - Almond Milk Recipe

I made homemade almond milk and it turned out better than expected. I reduced the amount of water to make a thicker, creamier almond milk. It is delicious!

Last edited:
Recipe - Creamy Almond Butter

Making almond nut butter is quite easy! It's great to be able to control the ingredient amounts and sodium content. Many commercial almond butters contain sugar and other ingredients someone may not like in their nut butter. This batch was quite delicious. I will do this again!

Last edited:
Hey, so I am in the process of posting a recipe and tried to tag it "cooking bites recipe challenge" and I received a message stating that some tags are blacklisted and to change the tag "cooking bites recipe challenge". It wouldn't allow me to post it so I had to remove the tag.
Nevermind, I figured out what I did wrong and fixed it. I had "cooking bites" as two words instead of one. Problem solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom