The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Almonds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hedgehog cheese ball

full.jpg

Last edited:
Cherry-Almond Glazed Ham

Recipe - Cherry-Almond Glazed Ham

I liked the tartness of the fruit and the autumnal spices, this would be right at home on a holiday buffet table. MrsTasty was especially pleased with this, making me assure her that I wouldn't lose this recipe.

Enjoy!

It looks very delicious. Co-incidentally I just made a dish of lamb in hot and sour cherry sauce. I've got such a backlog of photos and recipes...

When I went to the grocery last Friday, I got some good food... but forgot to pick up anything almond. I will have to do so. I am not fond of the big chunks of almond but yes, I'll do some of the smaller-sized almond-format things.

Almonds are one of the few nuts with a nice flavor - you just can't discern flavor with the big chunk or sliver of it. It's just a big chunk or sliver of something that's in my way to the rest of the dish.

I am about to post some of my older almond recipes....

Not crazy about pies, myself. A good homemade pumpkin pie, I could do that. An apple pie not overladen with sugar? Okay.

But not my first dessert choice.
Yes, to each their own. I detest pumpkin, sweet potato, etc. Ugh. But I know I am a minority in that, most people thing that pumpkin is awesome. I have the same thing about yams, cooked carrots (unless they are in soup or stew), etc. It's that cooked beta carotene thing I guess.

Do you like dark chocolate or fudge? The pie really tasted like a dark chocolate fudge in a cinnamon sugar pie crust with a layer of almond butter. I think you don't like very sweet things, so it's not just pie?

Amaretto/almond flavored cheesecake with almond shortbread cookie crust

Pic and recipe to follow. Cheesecake is still cooling.
Dang that was one hot cheesecake! How long are you going to make us wait and drool to post photos and the recipe, LOL???? :D

Yes, to each their own. I detest pumpkin, sweet potato, etc. Ugh. But I know I am a minority in that, most people thing that pumpkin is awesome. I have the same thing about yams, cooked carrots (unless they are in soup or stew), etc. It's that cooked beta carotene thing I guess.

Do you like dark chocolate or fudge? The pie really tasted like a dark chocolate fudge in a cinnamon sugar pie crust with a layer of almond butter. I think you don't like very sweet things, so it's not just pie?

True, I don't like very sweet things.

I agree with you about carrots - they need to be heavily cooked, as in a stew, or better yet, in a mirepoix!

I do like dark chocolate - a LOT , but fudges are generally too sweet for me.

True, I don't like very sweet things.

I agree with you about carrots - they need to be heavily cooked, as in a stew, or better yet, in a mirepoix!

I do like dark chocolate, but fudges are generally too sweet for me.
Gotcha. So you would have been a good candidate for something with about half the sugar or even with stevia as a replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom