The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Burger buns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this sounds weird, but my OCD kicks in and it's out of order so I can't. The bun recipe would have to have been posted before the sushi bagel recipe lol.
I get that. Maybe make another kind of sandwich with a slightly different bagel and get them posted in the "right" order?

Half the challenge of being quirky is to come up with even quirkier personal rules to allow yourself to get around your own quirkiness. I am very familiar with this concept. 🧐

Too bad I've already posted these.

Recipe - Burger with avocado, onion, sage, mustard relish and fresh sage tortillas

I LOVE these burgers.
2018-05-18-17-44-35-jpg.jpg

Recipe - Cheeseburger cake with churro fries and raspberry ketchup

full.jpg

Actually, I think I'll come up with a variation, make buns with yeast and the sage, and use a large portabello with the onions. Jalapenos, etc that go into the meat to make a stuffing with cheese for the mushroom. Not going vegan because I'm not fond of vegan cheese, at least what I've had, but it will be vegetarian.

Recipe - Bratwurst Strata

I thought this up on my own, then did a quick googling and found others thought this up on their own as well. :)

Got my mise en place...um, in place:

Simmered some brats in some beer:

Mixed up the dry ingredients:

Baked it all up in a lovely dish:

Tried a bit:

You wouldn't think sauerkraut and eggs would go together (or maybe you would) but it works out fairly well, and the pretzel bread gives it a nice chew.

Recipe - Bratwurst Strata

I thought this up on my own, then did a quick googling and found others thought this up on their own as well. :)

Got my mise en place...um, in place:
View attachment 60493

Simmered some brats in some beer:
View attachment 60494

Mixed up the dry ingredients:
View attachment 60495

Baked it all up in a lovely dish:
View attachment 60499

Tried a bit:
View attachment 60497

You wouldn't think sauerkraut and eggs would go together (or maybe you would) but it works out fairly well, and the pretzel bread gives it a nice chew.
Actually, I know eggs and sauerkraut go well together by happy accident. One day I was out of other meat (corned beef, ham, or turkey) for hubby's hash and I chopped up sauerkraut balls to pan fry in with the potatoes and onions. Fried eggs go on top of the crispy hash. By golly they were delicious, that vinegary tang was awesome. And I don't even like sauerkraut.

Last edited:
Actually, I know eggs and sauerkraut go well together by happy accident. One day I was out of other meat (corned beef, ham, or turkey) for hubby's hash and I chopped up sauerkraut balls to pan fry in with the potatoes and onions. Fried eggs go on top of the crispy hash. By golly they were delicious, that vinegary tang was awesome. And I don't even like sauerkraut.
...and now I think I'm going to make some sauerkraut balls!

I just make whatever I feel like making, and consider my entry as "sharing" with my fellow foodies on the forum.
I think that's the best attitude to have. I don't really like competition in general, and certainly not where food is involved, so my goal is always to use it as a way to get recipes onto the site, and to have a little fun.

I think that's the best attitude to have. I don't really like competition in general, and certainly not where food is involved, so my goal is always to use it as a way to get recipes onto the site, and to have a little fun.

I'm afraid that I have stopped entering dishes in the competition. I won once and then had to judge the entries for my chosen ingredient. It was a very difficult experience.

I'm afraid that I have stopped entering dishes in the competition. I won once and then had to judge the entries for my chosen ingredient. It was a very difficult experience.

I won once, and honestly can not remember what ingredient I chose for the next challenge, or who's dish I picked as the winner. Actually, right now, I can't remember what I made that won. :laugh:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom