The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Burger buns

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's avocado. I had considered putting wasabi in the melt, along with the ginger slices I did use, but decided not.

So.. go for it!

Since everything in this challenge will be on some kind of "bun," I'm not going to worry if I post an entry that is similar to another entry (like I usually do). I figure there are bound to be some similar entries.

CD

Since everything in this challenge will be on some kind of "bun," I'm not going to worry if I post an entry that is similar to another entry (like I usually do). I figure there are bound to be some similar entries.

CD
YES please ... go for whatever inspires!!!!

EFAF874A-F8B2-4B01-B270-0E58F6BC09B6.jpeg

Bunzanella Soup. A panzanella in soup form, with toasted hamburger buns cut into croutons.

Recipe - Pineapple-Upside Down Cakes

Ok, an easy one for my first entry, something a reasonably-intelligent kid could manage.

Butter and sugar melted in a skillet, in with some pineapple rings/slices, on with a bun half (top or bottom, doesn't matter), then into the oven for a bit. Invert and enjoy.

View attachment 60188

For as kitschy and simple as this is, it's very satisfying to have for afters.

So you think of yourself as a reasonably intelligent kid? :laugh:

I was hoping to get an entry in today, before going out of town tomorrow, but Hertz messed up my day. The Frisco Hertz location once again messed up my car (actually truck) rental, so I had to scramble to make other arrangements. I ended up getting a rather new Ford F150 from Enterprise. But, since I didn't have a reservation, it took a little extra time to get me the truck I wanted.

So, to make a long story short, it looks like I'll have to wait until I get back on Monday to make something, photograph it and write it up. The first one is a bagel burger, and I have two more burgers planned, so far.

CD

I'm making slawburgers tonight, and a little peek at the complex recipe:

1. Get some coleslaw
2. Fry a burger and put it on a bun
3. Add #1 to #2
4. Eat!

I'll save Morning Glory the trouble: please post your recipe to the appropriate thread, Gordon Ramsay!

So, a few hours ago, I had this for breakfast: Open-Faced English Muffin Melt with Egg, Sauerkraut, Cheddar Cheese.

Next one I want to try is an intriguing savory bread pudding that I ran into online.

I also want to adapt a recipe I acquired for roasted veggies and maple syrup, to include our special ingredient.

And then, there will be one muffin left over... thinking hard on that one.

Hmm, I just found another recipe I want to adapt.... this one would be a dessert (SHOCKER) bread pudding.

Interesting from someone who wasn't going to participate! I may have to get a second pack of English muffins, as I don't see how I can do the bread puddings with just ONE English muffin apiece. (Unfortunately I really don't like any other type of bun, and we don't have good bagels up this way...)

Recipe - Slawburger

It's a cheeseburger with coleslaw on it. That simple. I did make my own buttermilk coleslaw, but store-bought is fine.

I'll do a burger build like Yorky:

Please note how the corners of the cheese are offset. That's artistry. 😎

And the only song I know that mentions slawburgers (,fries...and a bottle of Ski).

View: https://youtu.be/FTBWiUkR69w

Recipe - Mini Sushi Bagels

These sushi bagels are comprised of toasted nori sesame bagels for the base, with a cream cheese, sriracha mayo sushi rice layer next, then sesame encrusted pan seared Ahi tuna slices with a drizzle of wasabi, soy, and toasted sesame oil sauce on top. Yum!

1617335037932.png

I got pretty creative with this entry and I am very pleased with the results, these appetizer mini bagels were outstanding! I had to make these first (not an entry) Recipe - Sesame and Nori Mini Bagels

1617335078075.png
1617335260566.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom