The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Burger buns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, now have my buns (in an uproar). Six "original whole grain" Thomas' English Muffins. Says here "the original nooks and crannies English muffins". Love to know from MG if this is a brand available in the UK, after that "original" claim?

At any rate, I have ideas for four recipes using five or perhaps all six of those muffins.... two will be quick and easy.

That brand is not available here. Its a North American brand. Muffins wouldn't 'normally' be wholegrain but they do have quite an open texture. Here is a link to more than you need to know about muffins in the UK.

That brand is not available here. Its a North American brand. Muffins wouldn't 'normally' be wholegrain but they do have quite an open texture. Here is a link to more than you need to know about muffins in the UK.
Your link didn't show up.

At any rate, most of the Thomas brand muffins aren't whole wheat, but the other ones available yesterday were "honey" or "blueberry" or other flavors I really didn't want to explore. I really do prefer their old style plain English muffins, which I grew up as a child with. We don't always have the best choices at my closest supermarket.

Recipe - Beetroot Buns

Oh boy. I’m liking this challenge already!
I'm starting to wish I'd picked some more obscure ingredient... haha. Btw, I purposely don't press the like or comment on entries in this thread in case I miss some, and people get the impression am favouring certain entries. Doesn't mean I'm not really enjoying the entries as they come in. Cheers!!

Recipe - Pineapple-Upside Down Cakes

Ok, an easy one for my first entry, something a reasonably-intelligent kid could manage.

Butter and sugar melted in a skillet, in with some pineapple rings/slices, on with a bun half (top or bottom, doesn't matter), then into the oven for a bit. Invert and enjoy.

For as kitschy and simple as this is, it's very satisfying to have for afters.

Recipe - Pineapple-Upside Down Cakes

Ok, an easy one for my first entry, something a reasonably-intelligent kid could manage.

Butter and sugar melted in a skillet, in with some pineapple rings/slices, on with a bun half (top or bottom, doesn't matter), then into the oven for a bit. Invert and enjoy.

View attachment 60188

For as kitschy and simple as this is, it's very satisfying to have for afters.
That's genius! The Late Night Gourmet would use lots of brown sugar :laugh:

Well, I am kind of amused by this challenge. For past challenges, I usually do some up front brain-storming and turn up about on average, 8 or 9 potential recipe ideas.

Besides doing sandwich type things, which would mean repeating past creations, using a burger bun in something unique is not as easy as one might assume. I have only been able to brain-storm 5 possible ideas - and they are good ideas, very unique. I may come up with a few more later in the challenge, but don't expect the 10 to 15 recipe entries that I have done for other challenges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom