The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Burger buns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burger Bun Pie (#1) - Turkey Soup Bun

full.jpg

Recipe - Deutsches Ei (German Egg - A Spin On A Scotch Egg)

I call this version of a Scotch Egg Deutsches Ei (German Egg) because I used German-inspired ingredients for the dish; homemade pretzel buns for the breadcrumbs, locally-made bratwurst for the sausage, and a nice sweet-spicy mustard dipping. Washed down, appropriately, with a locally-brewed dunkelweizen.

Here are the breadcrumbs, from the pretzel buns I posted earlier:

Are you going to make something delicious to go inside of them and enter the recipe? :chef:
I'm not sure, as I sad, I want to concentrate on the bun itself and I want to make a glorious bun someday. But all the other entries made me think of a creative sandwich, I thought about a sweet sandwich, a brioche filled with a deep fried ice cream patty and a layer of some sweet sauce, I hope it is possible to do that.
Stay healthy

Mod.Comment:

The following quote was posted in another thread:
But the bun is the ingredient in the challenge. It is a lovely bun, though.

To clarify - you are technically correct @JAS_OH; the recipe challenge is about using the chosen ingredient in a recipe and not normally about making the chosen ingredient. So, normally the recipe entered would contain the ingredient and not be for making the ingredient. However, I've checked back to the time that 'bread' was the chosen ingredient. The lines got blurred in that challenge and the judge (also the site-owner) SatNavSaysStraightOn allowed recipes for bread as well as using bread as an ingredient in recipes.

I think therefore, since a precedent has been set, in this instance we can allow recipes for burgers/bagels etc. as well as recipes containing them. We already have three such entries.

Mod.Comment:

The following quote was posted in another thread:

To clarify - you are technically correct @JAS_OH; the recipe challenge is about using the chosen ingredient in a recipe and not normally about making the chosen ingredient. So, normally the recipe entered would contain the ingredient and not be for making the ingredient. However, I've checked back to the time that 'bread' was the chosen ingredient. The lines got blurred in that challenge and the judge (also the site-owner) SatNavSaysStraightOn allowed recipes for bread as well as using bread as an ingredient in recipes.

I think therefore, since a precedent has been set, in this instance we can allow recipes for burgers/bagels etc. as well as recipes containing them. We already have three such entries.
murphyscreek made this comment earlier, which I take to mean bun recipes are allowed:
Likewise if you just want to submit the bun, bagel, whatever, as the actual stand alone entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom