The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Chicken

Dirty Rice or Rice Dressing is frequently served as a side dish with just about anything. It is also used as a stuffing for anything that can be stuffed.

Are recipes previously posted eligible? The question has probably been answered but I forgot.:scratchhead:

Dirty Rice or Rice Dressing is frequently served as a side dish with just about anything. It is also used as a stuffing for anything that can be stuffed.

Are recipes previously posted eligible? The question has probably been answered but I forgot.:scratchhead:

No previous posted recipes on this Challenge (don't shoot me I didn't write the rules!). Its the Spice Challenge which allows previously posted. You can always put a new spin on something previously posted though, and post as a new recipe for the Recipe challenge.

Each and all: please note that you need to put a link in this thread to your recipes entered into the challenge and tag the recipes with 'CookingBites Recipe Challenge'. :okay:

Umm,.

Was going to make/post the KFC chicken thing..as there is supposedly a chicken shortage there in the UK now.. ? :unsure: Might work with rabbit? ;-)

Have the latest adjusted clone (and original KFC $upplier) of the spices / breading recipe.
Also have scans of the original 1960 cooking manual, not the original recipe (it was never given), but cooking procedures, salad recipes, etc.

Not sure if it's kosher to post the manual here or not ? ... (17 page, ~1.6MB .pdf)

Can I submit this recipe? https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/chicken-quesadilla-soup.11942/

I added the cookingbites challenges tag. I believe I have some photo's around somewhere. I'll look for them. If not, I'll just make it again on SUN :)

I hate to say this but if the recipe was posted as a new thread 'Recipe' before the date the challenge starts (which your recipe was) then it isn't eligible. :ohmy: Please don't shoot me - I didn't write the rules! But - as I said to @ElizabethB, you can always make a new slightly different version of it - so if you are going to make it again on Sunday you could think up a new take on it and post it as a new recipe (new Recipe thread). :okay: The Spice Challenge BTW, does allow previously posted recipes.

The reason, I think, for this rule originally was to encourage new recipes to be posted.

BBQ chicken Flat bread pizza. I'll post the recipe tomorrow. Impromptu dinner tonight with leftovers :)

20180222_165827.jpg
20180222_174315.jpg

I believe the majority of my chicken recipes I've already posted on Cookingbites.com but I doubt that I've posted this one.

Chicken and potato curry.

Like always, I did a little research when I noted that this recipe's ingredient list actually did not contain Curry Powder. I found a couple interesting things, the chief among them being that Curry Powder is not a single spice, but a blend of other spices and likely gets its color from Tumeric. Second, I've found a note in a wiki article that although many of the included spices in the blend originate in India, the actual Curry dishes are a "Western Invention." This being so, even though I've noted some Americans of Indian descent, I thought made it. But perhaps, it was something else. I have never liked the idea of Curry. This I'm sure goes back to my experience with an Indian family and their apartment absolutely wreaking of the stuff or what I thought was curry. It burned my eyes and my nostrils to be in their place and when they moved, they were charged for some sort of extreme apartment cleaning to get the place back to being livable. So no, I've never liked Curry and to my knowledge, I have never even tried it, Western Invention or no.

Chicken seems to me to be so often used in various meals that I knew right off that it could have versatility, but have been hard pressed to think on something uniquely different and appealing. I'm taking some time to brainstorm.

Back
Top Bottom