The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Chicken

Chicken feet are on my list to try for the challenge. I would like to see what @Yorky comes up with . I found a source for the feet . Buffalo chicken wlngs are popular . I am considering buffalo chicken feet.

@Yorky
:laugh:
Just because i want to cook chicken feet does not mean that you should not. I would like to compare our approach to an out of the box ingredient.

I told my Middle Sister what I was planning and she blanched. Then she though abut it decided that she would be willing to eat it. I think the issue with chicken feet is textural. They are all connective tissue. There is no getting around the texture. So a flavor bomb is needed to compensate for the weird texture.

@Yorky - go for it - please.

I was very cold when I got back this evening ( partly because I stopped in the village to take some photos of the snow). Mr K wanted something hearty and warming so threw everything I could into this Warming Winter Chicken Stew. I will write it up as a recipe, especially as I want to remember what I put in it to make it so delicious.
Chichen stew.jpg

I was very cold when I got back this evening ( partly because I stopped in the village to take some photos of the snow). Mr K wanted something hearty and warming so threw everything I could into this Warming Winter Chicken Stew. I will write it up as a recipe, especially as I want to remember what I put in it to make it so delicious.
View attachment 14199

It definitely looks very warming! Leeks, carrots, potatoes... :)

@Yorky - go for it - please.

I managed to avoid them for almost 6 years, even though they were served at a few dinner parties to which I went. Anyway, I doubt the chickens around here will have much meat on their feet. They have very little meat on them at all.

Back
Top Bottom