The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Chicken

:laugh:. I've never come across chicken rolls but I guess you mean that sausage rolls are English...

Actually, what @The Late Night Gourmet worked up here does have some unique ties to something very English, but that has even deeper roots going back to ancient cookery, in the thousands of years BC time frame. More on that to follow, next week? All right, a clue ... Consider "The Game of Thrones" and "Frey Pie." That's wicked I know, but it's a clue and not exactly what I have in mind.

Gotta use up all that homemade tasso, andouille, boudin and chaurice in the deep freezer! Actually it is one of my favorite American regional cuisines. I can't wait until the local Restaurant Depot starts getting in live crawfish.

Ahhhhh!

I told my Middle Sister what I was planning and she blanched. Then she though abut it decided that she would be willing to eat it. I think the issue with chicken feet is textural. They are all connective tissue. There is no getting around the texture. So a flavor bomb is needed to compensate for the weird texture.

Does this sound like a link from the New and Unusual thread?

Somebody had some leftover Pomegranate? Chicken with rice is nice. Chicken with brown and wild rice is twice as nice. :chef::cool:
Definitely not leftover pomegranate molasses. I wanted to get some for the pomegranate challenge but no-one in my local area seemed to stock it. I have problems eating wholegrain brown and wild rice because of an interaction with one of my medications and anything wholegrain, which is an absolute bummer :giggle:

I have problems eating wholegrain brown and wild rice because of an interaction with one of my medications and anything wholegrain, which is an absolute bummer :giggle:

My next entry which I am working on today is not going to go well with you then. It uses an aromatic rice blend and long grain wild rice.

All - we are doing great stuff here! Already there are 10 entries and we have another 10 days to go! I can see this is going to be a tough one to judge. :ohmy:

Please make sure you add the cookingbites recipe challenge tag to your recipes. If you click on that tag you can see all the entries listed with links.

Last edited:
Here we go with my second challenge entry. One more to come after this, the most complex of all of them.

This entry has 3 parts which I spread into 3 separate recipes for the convenience of members, lurkers and visitor guests.

CrystalPickaPeppaChicken00.png

The entry includes and combines the following ...

Part 1:
Chicken Aromatic and Long Grain Wild Rice

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/chicken-aromatic-and-long-grain-wild-rice.12242/

Part 2:
Chicken Jalepeno Poppers

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/chicken-jalepeno-poppers.12243/

Part 3:
Crystal PickaPeppa Marinated Chicken

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/crystal-pickapeppa-marinated-chicken.12244/

Last edited by a moderator:
This entry has 3 parts which I spread into 3 separate recipes for the convenience of members, lurkers and visitor guests.
Wow...you've really raised the bar with this one! There aren't 3 separate things that happen to be on the same plate together: they make sense together.

Back
Top Bottom