The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Chicken

Chicken seems to me to be so often used in various meals that I knew right off that it could have versatility, but have been hard pressed to think on something uniquely different and appealing. I'm taking some time to brainstorm.

Well that is the thing - its used in so many ways literally worldwide that coming up with a new idea is very challenging. The recipe challenge isn't necessarily about that of course and a tried and tested recipe could win - but I think you are a bit like me and like to think out of the box!

Balsamic Chicken Thighs

20180220_194451-jpg.jpg

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/balsamic-chicken-thighs.12176/

I have the chicken marinating for @ElizabethB 's recipe. Tomorrow I'll finish cooking it and post the results. :)

I've begun to settle on my new recipes. One is a simple thing that uses an old favorite BBQ marinade of mine, but because it's simple, I have two chicken based supplements for the meal in mind. The other is a bit more complex and involves going north of the border French Canadian. I started gathering ingredients today, but forgot something important. Shucks ... Back out again tomorrow. :chef:

I've begun to settle on my new recipes. One is a simple thing that uses an old favorite BBQ marinade of mine, but because it's simple, I have two chicken based supplements for the meal in mind. The other is a bit more complex and involves going north of the border French Canadian. I started gathering ingredients today, but forgot something important. Shucks ... Back out again tomorrow. :chef:

I just love it when fellow members take cooking as seriously as I do! :D

We are going great guns here with five excellent entries already. To view entries easily just click on the 'cookingbites recipe challenge' tag at the top right of this page and all the entries will be listed with links.

There is plenty of time left - I can already see that this is going to be a tough one to judge. :ohmy::D

Last edited:
496C21D7-D6AE-4E4D-851B-5580342B761F.jpeg

Chicken Sausage Rolls. Other than my children, quite possibly the most beautiful thing I’ve ever made. I like my crust really golden: it's pretty and it adds crispness with every bite. Being chicken sausage that I ground from thigh meat with the skin, it has a fried chicken flavor when it cooks. Worcestershire sauce puts it over the top. A recipe (and many more photos) will be posted soon.

NOTE: I will be using the word method instead of directions, since everything about this dish is thoroughly English <- of all sites, why doesn't this one have Old English font? :laugh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom