The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Corn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to love these as a kid. I made some over here as a one off.

Chocolate corn flakes.

No I haven't, but I'm sure it has stuff in it to keep it shelf stable.That is why we only use canned/jarred tomatoes and beans. We don't think most foods from a can/jar are quality products.

No I haven't, but I'm sure it has stuff in it to keep it shelf stable.That is why we only use canned/jarred tomatoes and beans. We don't think most foods from a can/jar are quality products.

Ooops - well I just ordered it out of curiosity. Will report back - although, never having eaten it fresh I won't have a comparison.

I found one review here: Mexican food find: Endotzi huitlacoche

Ingredients:

We love pozole, but never again huitlacoche. Well maybe if we could get it fresh and not frozen.

This is another example of a food that was thought of as garbage and now has become a delicacy. It's a fungus that grows on the corn, it's not actually a mushroom even though mushrooms are fungi, and farmers used to have to burn the corn field(s) to eradicate the fungus so they would then be able to grow corn without it popping up. Now, some of them grow corn just to get the huitlacoche to grow so they can sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom