The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Corn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as I have no challenges to enter :(, I'm entering this one. Obviously I won't win.:D

Black Venus Rice, Sweetcorn and Cheese

Yes as it says in the top post. Suddenly, people seemed to have stopped reading the introductory post. :ohmy: :D

:oops:

I looked at the response you had in the Rice thread, where you listed what was included, and it didn't list corn syrup, as well as I may need to qualify that. Lesson learned!

:oops:

I looked at the response you had in the Rice thread, where you listed what was included, and it didn't list corn syrup, as well as I may need to qualify that. Lesson learned!
Whatever you're planning to enter, you now must enter one extra dish as penance! :laugh:

Somebody has to make this. I probably won't have time to make anything -- a lot on my plate soon.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSdLdq9AOb0

CD
I love Chef John and use several of his recipes. I am thinking a new family favorite for holiday dinners. Chef John's savory sweet potato casserole is is requested for every holiday instead of the old syrupy, sweet, marshmallow topped sweet potatoes we grew up with. Sorry Mom.

Recipe - Corn Soufflé

If you like corn-on-the-cob, but don't care for the messy eating it requires, this is for you. Super-simple, just whizz everything up in a blender, pop it in the oven, and a half-hour later, soufflé that tastes like light and fluffy corn-on-the-cob. Use frozen corn and it's even easier.

This also shows that there's absolutely no need to separate the eggs, as most soufflé recipes dictate, so if you've ever wanted an elegant first course or light lunch, this is just about as easy as scrambling eggs, and the taste is a wonderful shot of summer sunshine.

Recipe - Corn Soufflé

If you like corn-on-the-cob, but don't care for the messy eating it requires, this is for you. Super-simple, just whizz everything up in a blender, pop it in the oven, and a half-hour later, soufflé that tastes like light and fluffy corn-on-the-cob. Use frozen corn and it's even easier.

This also shows that there's absolutely no need to separate the eggs, as most soufflé recipes dictate, so if you've ever wanted an elegant first course or light lunch, this is just about as easy as scrambling eggs, and the taste is a wonderful shot of summer sunshine.

Great plate tr.

Russ

Recipe - Triple-Berry Upside-Down Cornbread

It's savory! It's sweet! It's...it's...Triple-Berry Upside-Down Cornbread!

This is another one that meets my requirements of easy and delicious. When those two come together, I'm right there with them.

The corn kernels (which you can see in the slice) come through nicely in this, and the crumb reminds you that yes, this is indeed cornbread, but as a bright dessert.

Topped with plain Greek yogurt with a little honey mixed in, fresh berries, and a sprig of mint.

Highly recommended!

Recipe - Triple-Berry Upside-Down Cornbread

It's savory! It's sweet! It's...it's...Triple-Berry Upside-Down Cornbread!

This is another one that meets my requirements of easy and delicious. When those two come together, I'm right there with them.

The corn kernels (which you can see in the slice) come through nicely in this, and the crumb reminds you that yes, this is indeed cornbread, but as a bright dessert.

Topped with plain Greek yogurt with a little honey mixed in, fresh berries, and a sprig of mint.

Highly recommended!

My daughter makes lemon drizzle cake, served with Greek yoghurt, it works so well. I was surprised to be honest.

Russ

Wow TR, you are swinging for the bleachers on this challenge with two impressive entries -- so far.

(Swinging for the bleachers should confuse some of the non-mericans here)

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom