The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Corn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken and Corn Soup - Chinese Style

h

Recipe here: Recipe & Video - Chicken and Corn Soup

You really are pulling out the stops TastyReuben! I think you are trying to outdo me on the highest number of recipes entered for the challenge. TBH I'm not sure what the most I ever entered was - maybe 7?

12 days to go. To date: nine entries from 4 members.

You really are pulling out the stops TastyReuben! I think you are trying to outdo me on the highest number of recipes entered for the challenge. TBH I'm not sure what the most I ever entered was - maybe 7?

12 days to go. To date: nine entries from 4 members.
I have at least one more, probably two more, and if I'm ambitious, three more.

Corn is the flagship food of Midwest America (along with pork, and that hints at my next entry), so I feel the need to represent my area! :)

Okay, you are on time out for that. Stand in a corner and sing Take Me Out to the Ballgame ten times. :facepalm:

CD

Sorry, Casey, I'd rather watch grass grow than watch baseball....

But I can deal with basketball. Tall lanky bodies in fast motion.... I don't even care who wins.

Heheheh! That was one of the few candies that weren't chocolate I liked as a kid. That and candy cigarettes and SweetTarts. Don't want them now - but I'd love to see a recipe here!

I just ordered grits for cooking. That's a form of corn, essentially a corn flour that's still coarsely ground, not quite to a flour stage, and, well, grit-y. Up here in New England you just can't find grits to cook with, so I ordered off of Amazon.

I want to attempt to make my Grandmother's cheesy grits casserole. This may be impossible - she passed around 1981 or 1983 and I never got her recipe, and her son, my Dad, hated grits and oatmeal with a passion, so I've never had hers since then. But, worth a try.

Sorry, Casey, I'd rather watch grass grow than watch baseball....

Baseball is a game to be watched live, not on TV. Going to a baseball game is more than going to watch men play a game. There is the whole experience. You have the food. Hot dogs, peanuts, beer. Those were the staples. Now you can get all kinds of foods, with waiter service in some sections. It's like a big party with a game going on.

My ex wife worked for a medical/pharmaceutical company. They took us to Texas Rangers games all summer long. We had great seats, waiter service, and we didn't pay for anything. If you are a Rangers fan, as I am, the game is a bonus.

CD

Baseball is a game to be watched live, not on TV. Going to a baseball game is more than going to watch men play a game. There is the whole experience. You have the food. Hot dogs, peanuts, beer. Those were the staples. Now you can get all kinds of foods, with waiter service in some sections. It's like a big party with a game going on.

My ex wife worked for a medical/pharmaceutical company. They took us to Texas Rangers games all summer long. We had great seats, waiter service, and we didn't pay for anything. If you are a Rangers fan, as I am, the game is a bonus.

CD
We (used to) get treated to games a few times a year by my employer, and I'd always get "spoken to" afterward because it was obvious I had zero interest in the game and my manager is a rabid sports fan.

They'd throw out the first pitch, I'd get up and disappear until the bottom of the 9th, because baseball itself (and sports in general) aren't really anything I care about.

He'd try and couch it in terms of it being a team-building exercise, but it was pretty obvious he thought I was less of a man because I didn't like sports.

We (used to) get treated to games a few times a year by my employer, and I'd always get "spoken to" afterward because it was obvious I had zero interest in the game and my manager is a rabid sports fan.

They'd throw out the first pitch, I'd get up and disappear until the bottom of the 9th, because baseball itself (and sports in general) aren't really anything I care about.

He'd try and couch it in terms of it being a team-building exercise, but it was pretty obvious he thought I was less of a man because I didn't like sports.

Where did you go for all those innings? There is nothing else to do.

CD

Reading you guys chat makes me laugh, good banter. I'm not big on sports either, I used to go to free corporate boxes to Canterbury Crusaders games. (Rugby) but I was there for the booze and banter. I follow them, (my town) but it doesn't matter if I miss a game. The coach is a real character and really loved by everybody. Google Scott Robertson victory break dance. Top guy and represents us Canterbury folks. Christchurch is the major town but the region is Canterbury.

Russ

CD

When I was a kid, my mother, brother and I went to a Mets vs Astros baseball game. We even had box seats courtesy of the company Dad worked for - he didn't go due to work reasons and besides he had as much interest in pro sports as I or Tasty do. (He however was on a curling team when in the Army... more into doing than watching I guess.)

My brother had just discovered baseball and this was when the Mets were young and good. He was in seventh heaven. I was bored out of my gourd. (Can I mention this was a double header? The second game went into overtime, which I'm sure is exciting for those who care since things are close, but I was already satiated with too many hot dogs. I still hated peanuts in any shape or form, then. And i was too young to be served beer.)

I did walk around the stands a lot, hoping it would be over SOON.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom