The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Corn

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was a kid, my mother, brother and I went to a Mets vs Astros baseball game. We even had box seats courtesy of the company Dad worked for - he didn't go due to work reasons and besides he had as much interest in pro sports as I or Tasty do. (He however was on a curling team when in the Army... more into doing than watching I guess.)

My brother had just discovered baseball and this was when the Mets were young and good. He was in seventh heaven. I was bored out of my gourd. (Can I mention this was a double header? The second game went into overtime, which I'm sure is exciting for those who care since things are close, but I was already satiated with too many hot dogs. I still hated peanuts in any shape or form, then. And i was too young to be served beer.)

I did walk around the stands a lot, hoping it would be over SOON.

Ever watched a Cricket match? :laugh:

CD

Corn Fritters. They can be used with sweet or savory sauces. My fresh corn, all four ears of it, was so sweet, I went sweet on the finish -- just a light dusting of powdered sugar. That was all it needed. Very simple, but not something with a little corn in it. This is all about corn!

Recipe - Corn Fritters

Fritters0101.jpg

CD

Ever watched a Cricket match? :laugh:

CD
The 50 over games are really good. You need real skill to swing a ball midair you know? And the t20 are good also. I used to practice swing bowling for hours as a kid. You just bought back a memory to me. I went to a poor school and our cricket gear has buckles missing off the pads, we used string on them when playing other schools. The richest kid in the school turned up with us to play this other school. The rich kid got his brand new gear out, own bat and pads etc. he was bowled first ball. This kid btw was gifted a brand new mini for his 15th birthday.

Russ

Corn Fritters. They can be used with sweet or savory sauces. My fresh corn, all four ears of it, was so sweet, I went sweet on the finish -- just a light dusting of powdered sugar. That was all it needed. Very simple, but not something with a little corn in it. This is all about corn!

Recipe - Corn Fritters

View attachment 42038

CD

Looks amazing 😍

TastyReuben
You really are on a roll.

Recipe - Triple-Berry Upside-Down Cornbread

It's savory! It's sweet! It's...it's...Triple-Berry Upside-Down Cornbread!

This is another one that meets my requirements of easy and delicious. When those two come together, I'm right there with them.

The corn kernels (which you can see in the slice) come through nicely in this, and the crumb reminds you that yes, this is indeed cornbread, but as a bright dessert.

Topped with plain Greek yogurt with a little honey mixed in, fresh berries, and a sprig of mint.

Highly recommended!

This one blows me away. 💞💞💞

I am not a huge fan of popcorn, it gets stuck in my teeth. I would try your Frenchified popcorn. G loves popcorn. I think he would like this.

12 days to go. To date: nine entries from 4 members.

I am going to enter just one recipe, but it's something I have been putting together in my head for the last couple of weeks and thinking about carefully. It will be complex and time consuming, and when I create I generally don't use recipes, I don't usually measure ingredients, and I never write things down, so I will have to stop and do that during the actual execution, plus I will be taking photos as I go along. Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom