The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: eggs

Fantastic ingredient, and by coincidence was planning to cook a egg dish later today.

Just for looks alone was also definitely going to do tea eggs. But had a nagging feeling had already published that recipe here, and a quick forum search revealed that to be the case (pic and link below).

Recipe & Video - Tea Eggs / Marble Eggs

In a big metro area like where you live, especially with a strong Asian community presence, flying fish roe should be easy to find. I live in a smallish city of about 250,000 people with a small Asian population and I can think of 3 places off the top of my head where I can find flying fish roe, all within about 10 miles of my house.

But there are a ton of things you can do with chicken, duck, quail, etc. eggs.

Good news. I have ordered my orange tobiko flying fish roe this morning and will have it next week.

Good news. I have ordered my orange tobiko flying fish roe this morning and will have it next week.
I absolutely love those things. I like them as nigiri, just rice, seaweed, and tobiko. Of course they make an excellent addition to just about any sushi roll. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with them, hope it's nothing too crazy :laugh:

I believe that was a US only ad. Eggs were out of favor due to a healthy food fad that claimed eggs are bad for you. This ad campaign tried to combat that. Of course now, eggs are good for you. I can't wait for kale to be bad for you.

CD
Huh? I don't love kale (it's tolerable but I prefer mustard greens). However, I love eggs.

You want kale to be bad for you so that some farmer co-op can put out an ad promoting it?

Let's get the party started!

Retro Recipe - Amaretto Sour

Another winner, as far as MrsT, The Amaretto Queen, is concerned. It's bright, it's fresh, it's summery, and that little bit of egg white froth makes it feel as light as a a feather from the chicken that laid the egg I used.

Lovely. Unfortunately I've an intolerance to coconut milk. This will not affect my judging!
I wonder if in the way it's cooked out here if it wouldn't effect you the same? it's such a dense, heavy spice concoction, and then the milk after being added is cooked for quite a while, so the coconut milk loses that atypical fresh flavour profile. It gets hammered in to submission, and many wouldn't even recognise the milk is there in the resulting masala. Though having an inolerance, I'm not saying that would definitely be the case in your instance.

Back
Top Bottom